Fitness Profile -- lightly active or active.....

Options
Hi!

I teach high school chemistry so I don't really sit that much during the day depending on the day. I have a three year old and five year old at home and so I do a lot of playing with them when I am home! Here is the debate, is that considered lightly active or active for my fitness profile? It is a calorie difference of about 100 -- which I of course would love to have :)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• CrimsonVixen
    CrimsonVixen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would say you are lightly active. My job is really active as a copper but I put mine as sedentary and take a good quality pedometer (which tracks calories burnt for your weight etc) and take it with me at work and then just add that on as exercise. :) I find it a bit easier to get the math more accurate. ;]
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have a 2.5 year old and 5 year old at home, I am home with the little one all day and depending on the day, I can either be on my feet all day or have a quiet, restful day. I work as a waitress 36 hours a week at night, and so I put "lightly active" even though it recommends "active" for waiting tables. I just log in walking for extra busy shifts to account for the difference.