Buying a HRM in Canada

Options
any suggestions for good prices? please don't suggest Amazon.. .Com doesn't ship to Canada and .Ca has a very limited assortment. Prices seem so much higher in Canada than the US. Polar seems to be good. Costco had a great deal on a Garmin but it's huge for a women. Sport Mart is having a great sale, but they don't carry any with a chest strap.

Thanks

Replies

• DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at The Running Room. (Polar FT7)
    It was freaking expensive compared to what they seem to get from Amazon, but it was worth it, and I considered it a reward for my hard work to that point.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I bought my Polar FT4 (I bought the black & grey one, the "women's" one was WAY too pink for me lol) from SportsCheck Online, it still ended up being about 150 with shipping and taxes, but I do love it.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i got a mio and i actually got it through home shopping.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how their prices compare, but treadmillfactory.ca sells polar. Or you could do the ebay.ca route.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

How do you like the Mio? both Costco and SportMart had that one but without the chest strap
  • horror_hamster
    Options
    do yall have "best buy" up there? (sorry, not sure if it's an international company or not) because that's where i got mine.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I bought my Polar FT60 @ The Running Room. Other places i've seen it for sale are: Fitness Depot and online @ thetreadmillfactory (located in Ontario).
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I picked up my Polar FT4 at National Sports - regular price $159 and was 35% off during their holidays sale.
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Both my boyfriend and I bought our Polar FT7s from eBay. I believe we each paid around $95 with shipping.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

How do you like the Mio? both Costco and SportMart had that one but without the chest strap

I actually am pleased with it. At 1st i thought it wasn't a good one as it didn't have a chest strap. Everyone on here kept saying if there is no chest strap they are basically garbage especially b/c my numbers were way lower then mfp's numbers for calories burned. My treadmill at home you don't put in your numbers, so i knew it was going to be higher then what i would actually burn but i was surprised to see that this past week i used a treadmill that you put all your personal info in it and the cals burned were similar with my hrm. So i know now it is a good bang for the buck!
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I found the Polar FT4 at Future Shop for $109 with free shipping. :drinker: