Not technically new, but...

Options
<Ramble>

I've actually been on MFP for over a year, including a hiatus from the end of my marathoning season in May to just recently. In the long term, I'm trying to remake myself. I've never been an athlete and becoming one is changing my life positively. In the short term, I'm trying to shed the excess fat weight I'm carrying. I've come to the realization that it's my diet and not my amount of exercise that is the problem (I run a lot and compliment that with weight lifting).

I've heard diet changes are always easier when embarked on with a good level of support. And MFP is fabulous when it comes to member support. I need folks to help keep me on (or near) the path I'm trying to set myself on.

Note: I don't tend to spam support to people, but when I notice friends kicking butt, I definitely cheer them on. Guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not super-vocal, just vocal when people need it most.

Anyone want to start 2012 together and see where we can get? Runners are very welcome to add me as a friend. I'm signed up for two half marathons and two full marathons so far with the potential for at least another marathon and a 'mud race' as well as trail races (love love love running).

</Ramble>