Hey Everyone!

Options
astovey
astovey Posts: 578 Member
So I figured I would make a post for my one year anniversary with MFP. For all of those that really struggle and are happy if they lose 1 or 2 pounds a month, this is a post for you. This is also for all the girls with PCOS and struggle with more than just weight loss, because you can change your future.

I was one of “those people” that ate less than 1000 cals and eventually went into the dreaded “starvation mode.” If I ate more than that I would see a gain and it was SUPER frustrating and scary to even think about raising my calories. I currently eat about 1500 cals/day in hopes of raising my metabolism…. And I like to think it is working.

It has taken me 1 year to lose 25 pounds. To some people that may seem pathetic because this site has a ton of inspiring individuals that have lost 100+ in that amount of time. I am still proud to say this is the least I have weighed since about the 4th grade. I ran (the whole time) my first 5K and would like to run a 10K this year. I also completed P90X….in about 100 days instead of 90 because of weekend trips visiting my husband who was TDY. I currently workout about 6 days a week and want to become leaner, eat cleaner, and take more focus off of the scale. This year I plan on taking a trip to Hawaii and I want to look my best. It’s really motivating to think where I could be next year if I keep working hard.

You may see that my ticker says 80+ pounds lost, and that is because I started this whole weight loss thing a long time ago at 225 pounds. Im not trying to trick anyone lol, I just like it there to remind myself of where I’ve been and how far I’ve come (and how much I never want to go back to that place).
My starting weight (this year) was 167 and I am currently 142. I averaged about a size 12 and am now an 8, and I’m 5’6.

collage.jpg

faceold.pngffffface.jpg

Replies

• ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on ALL your hard work. It's definitely paid off:))
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look great! Must be a good feeling knowing you've kept your initial weight loss off for so long, and even added to it.

so what did you do to restore your metabolism enough to be able to eat 1500 cals and not gain? Just really crank up the exercise?
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Great post. It seems like you have really figured out what long-term weight loss is like and a plan to keep it off instead of a diet that makes it impossible. Congrats on everything.
  • Taushina
    Taushina Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring, thank you for sharing your heart!!
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! Thank you for this inspiring post! I have struggled with PCOS for 9 years and seeing your story gives me hope! I have 50 pounds to lose (new MFP member) and as I'm seeing it's a balance of eating not too much but not too little. Cheers to you!!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Very inspiring!
  • astovey
    Options
    You look great! Must be a good feeling knowing you've kept your initial weight loss off for so long, and even added to it.

so what did you do to restore your metabolism enough to be able to eat 1500 cals and not gain? Just really crank up the exercise?

I just read a lot in the forums about starvation mode and how your body wants more food and basically thinks you are dying. I still dont eat my exercise cals back, but over Thanksgiving I noticed I ate a bunch of stuff over a few days and didnt gain anything (I wasnt tracking as much) and when I would gain I just didnt freak out so much and it would just be water weight or something.

And thanks to everyone else!
  • astovey
    Options
    I wanted my ttile to be "Hey Everyone! Look at me in my underwear!," but I posted it on accident....BOOOO lol
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sexy mama!! I've told you before, and I'll tell you again: you were a total hottie over 200 pounds, and you're drop-dead gorgeous now. Not "BUT (you're drop-dead gorgeous now)"...notice "AND (you're STILL drop-dead georgeous now)". I love how genuine your smile is when you're feeling confident and healthy. You are the most beautiful person I know--and that's because of your kind soul and empathetic heart, which are encased in an equally drool-worthy and sexy casing. ;)
  • SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    congrats, you are stunning.
  • tkkoelker
    tkkoelker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!! I am so proud of how hard you've worked! You are such an inspiration!
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful! I lose weight very slowly as well, but it sure beats the alternative. Even if it takes a year to lose 25 pounds, at least you've lost 25 pounds and not stayed the same or gained. That's what's truly important. Thank you for sharing your story. It inspires me, one who loses weight (due to medical issues) at a snail's pace.
  • astovey
    Options
    You look phenomenal!! I am so proud of how hard you've worked! You are such an inspiration!

Thanks Tanya!

PS- Sorry I cropped your face out :flowerforyou:
  • astovey
    Options
    Sexy mama!! I've told you before, and I'll tell you again: you were a total hottie over 200 pounds, and you're drop-dead gorgeous now. Not "BUT (you're drop-dead gorgeous now)"...notice "AND (you're STILL drop-dead georgeous now)". I love how genuine your smile is when you're feeling confident and healthy. You are the most beautiful person I know--and that's because of your kind soul and empathetic heart, which are encased in an equally drool-worthy and sexy casing. ;)

You are soooo good at making me feel good. Love you Mal!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Well done! Slow and steady wins the race obviously.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your amazing story. you look great!!!!
  • Alison0322
    Options
    Awesome! You should be SO proud! Smokin hot, sister. Keep up the greatness!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to go! I hope to do the same thing, loose the weight slowly. That way I know it's off for good - I hope!
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Not pathetic it took you a year! You look amazing!! Every accomplishment is meaningful!!! :) Way to go!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!