Losing Fast At First

Options
I have a lot of weight to lose (ultimately I'd like to lose 90 lbs.) and I know that, at first, the weight is likely to fall off faster than it normally would. I know it's not healthy to lose a lot at once and you're better off to lose slow and steady for long-term goals, but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing a rapid weight loss in the beginning stages? And if you are/did in the past, at what point did you start to level out a bit? I'm down almost 10 lbs. since the first of the year and I attribute that to eating healthy, some exercise, and a LOT of water - I'm drinking over 100 ounces/day. I have to think that the water is helping a lot - I'm not necessarily drinking that much on purpose, but the more I drink, the more I crave it. I still have a long way to go but it's definitely motivating to see that number go down on the scale every week!

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Its normal to lose weight fast at first, and the larger you are, the faster it will drop. Some people drop 10-20 lbs in the first month when starting to diet. It's a combination of many different factors. Don't be worried about it because it's mostly due to water weight.