Fat Burning

Options
Hello all!

I have always enjoyed weight lifting WAY more than cardio. I find i muscle build while keeping my heart rate up.

I've been out of shape for years and I am determined to burn off this layer of fat over the muscle.

I have started a lower carb diet with plenty of fruits and veggies (not counting carbs, but getting them from better sources than starchy foods).

Now comes the exercise. There's so many opinions on which is better: cardio or strength training for fat burning. I've had two different personal trainers in the past and they disagreed on which is more important. Then one when into what you need to eat before and after workouts and what time of the day to do what exercises. Maybe she made it confusing, but it almost makes me nervous to workout because I feel I'm doing it all wrong.

Any friendly opinions on which is better for fat loss: cardio or strength?

Thank you for your feedback and have a fabulous day!

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I feel that both are super important! I do running/walking and then do no more then abt 30min of kettlebells a day.. I have had good results and know that without one or the other i would lack =)
  • fabulis1
    fabulis1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I think I am going to have to buck up and do both since they both have amazing benefits and both will get me to my goal faster.

I need a good Heart Rate Monitor--do you know of any good ones?