Heading to Whole Foods

Options
What are some "must haves?"

And does anyone know of a good multi-vitamin I can get there?

Replies

• alexbowser
    Options
    Must haves for me are whatever fresh produce and meat are on sale. My Whole Foods has great sales on Fridays.
    Also I really like their hummus.

Not sure about multivitamins.
  • Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    I like the "Women's One" at Whole Foods. It says "Just Once" on it and "Food Based Multivitamin" and "Heart, Bone, and Breast Health with 800IU Vitamin D3 & Probiotic, Gentle on the Stomach." The company is Rainbow Light Nutritional Systems.

I like the light salad dressings at Whole Foods in the produce section because they are light without being filled with a billion chemicals.

The only problem with Whole Foods is its nickname: Whole Paycheck!!!! LOL.
  • lexibelk
    lexibelk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I just got some blood oranges at a pretty good price. They're delicious.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    bump
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    can you pick me up some eggs and turkey bacon
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well, the produce at WF is hard to beat, so get some of your favorite fruits and veggies. The meat selection is also really great, and they have lots of cage-free, pastured, organic meats, cheeses, and eggs.

Their pre-made products can be really good, too. I love their sushi rolls, the amazing salad bar, their salsas and guac, and other things. I also buy cereal. pizza crust mix, canned soups, and other items there.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    grass fed meat and pasture chicken.

Also, whole turkey thighs are a GREAT value. I hardly ever see them at other markets, but WF always has them. Justin's Almond Buttter and eggs.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    A second mortgage??
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Justin's Nut Butter is always great. I also get Daura (it's a Spanish import, really great GF beer), and nutritional yeast.
  • Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    A second mortgage??

YES!!!! LOL.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Ha! Second mortgage. I hear that! Thanks for all the suggestions. Heading out shortly!

I'm also looking for the Garden Lites souffles. I'm looking forward to trying them out!
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am taking the Whole Foods brand Food Derived Multi. I like it!

Get a cookie at their coffee bar called an almond horn! YUMMY! Or a monster cookie.

Their bulk bins are amazing for sugars, rice, beans, oatmeal, spices and herbs, nuts, and interesting flours. I eat gluten free and buy their coconut, peanut, almond, quinoa, and brown rice flours and make my own GF blends.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for the Garden Lites souffles. I'm looking forward to trying them out!

These Garden Lite souffles are at my Costco right now, too. $12 for a 6 pack. They are yummy and healthy and really convenient but nothing special if you can cook it yourself from scratch.
  • mistersmithsbox
    Options

These Garden Lite souffles are at my Costco right now, too. $12 for a 6 pack. They are yummy and healthy and really convenient but nothing special if you can cook it yourself from scratch.

They are NOT good. It's all fluff and onions and I'm someone who ADORES onions. These things are weird. (Maybe it's because they're GF? IDK.)