Scared to take before pics....

Options
I am seriously scared to take my before pics. Its almost like I can deny it as long as I don't see it? If that even makes sense. Seeing myself in a sports bra and underwear is scary! Today when I get home I will take a pic in the mirror for my "before" pic and bury it somewhere safe until I get to my goal weight. I was thinking, should I take monthly pictures to motivate myself or should I just wait until i get to my goal? I have 50 lbs to lose so I figure that a monthly pic will show a good progress. Any tips/suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• Samantha020691
    Options
    I would take before pictures for sure. I didn't... well i did but i was so grossed out that i deleted them... but I really reallly wish i did! many times the scale doesnt provide the results we want as fast as we want but being able to compare with pictures can really keep up a positive attitude!
    :)
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You want mine the posting the before pictures when u have a very nice after pic to go with it. Just save the before pic and you decide later if you want to ever post it....
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This was June 2011 and Now..

June-December_2011-2.png
  • dutchjacky
    dutchjacky Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I would say take some (they dont have to be in your underwear) as they can help when you dont see the scales move but help to see the difference in fotos. I took a few about 3 weeks ago and then last week again as my skirt felt looser, I was shocked at the difference. I also have to lose close to 50 punds if it helps
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Prediction...

5 months from now you start a thread saying you wish you took some Before pics. I know I wish I had!

Go ahead and take them. It can't hurt. You're just seeing you as you are. Not liking what you see is the reason each of us is here.

You're gonna do great!
  • beckydinkydoo
    Options
    I am so with you, I am having trouble taking the before pic also. I don't like taking my picture as it is. So I posted a few pics to keep me going, and as for the one in a sports bra and shorts I thinks I do want one so I can look back at it and say I did it, not sure I well post it but for myself I think it well help!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    if you are too uncomfortable don't do it or do it just for you and don't show anyone. I don't think I have the guts (haha or have too much gut to take a bikini picture). This is for you only so it is important that you feel comfortable, you can always take a picture in a body leotard. I think you should measure yourself more than take pictures but of course that is up to you. Measuring yourself will be more of a motivator because you can't really see the little changes on the camera and many people don't really see themselves as they really are anyway. My suggestion is to take pictures now and at the end when you are done and measure yourself in between for motivation. If you are like me, you would pick things apart too much. Good luck!!
  • badbull69
    badbull69 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    iF your just gonna hide all yoru pics, then no, dont take them. We all need a starting spot wheather its me who can bench his body weight. But pics dont lie, what the camera see's is the real you. I took pics last week, what I thought I was, and what I actually am, huge difference! I need to see where I am...

Take a paper with the date! Take the pics. so you can see where you came from, the struggles, you went thru and how you over came them and achieved your goal! You can do it.
  • miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I wish I had. I had to dig back through old facebook pics to find one I had been tagged in. I wish I had specific pictures of my tummy, arms, legs, etc. This is all I've got, and it was WAY worse than this pic lets on.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445073-never-posted-my-own-success-story
  • beckyyoungers
    Options
    I had my husband take before pics of me, but not in my underwear. I put on a pair of jeans and a shirt that I used to have before I had kids, that are my favorites, and don't really fit me anymore. I can barely zip the jeans and then I have a huge muffin top, and the shirt is too tight. I plan to take my after pictures wearing the same outfit so I can really see the difference in the way it fits. :) In fact, I'm going to be taking pics in that outfit on the first of each month so I can see my progress as I go. Just do it!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    I had my husband take before pics of me, but not in my underwear. I put on a pair of jeans and a shirt that I used to have before I had kids, that are my favorites, and don't really fit me anymore. I can barely zip the jeans and then I have a huge muffin top, and the shirt is too tight. I plan to take my after pictures wearing the same outfit so I can really see the difference in the way it fits. :) In fact, I'm going to be taking pics in that outfit on the first of each month so I can see my progress as I go. Just do it!

Awesome idea! I may do the same now!
  • Jack_mc
    Jack_mc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Same . . . i done my before pics about 1 hour ago . . . and oh my. But just hoping it is worth it! also i am thinking once i start losing motivation after the first 14lb i have a comparison and i will be able to say no to that cheese cake that calls to me every time i go for a shop . . . i say do it!!!!!!!!!! only gd can come of it!!!
  • miss_magzy
    miss_magzy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    All of you are amazing! Thanks for the advice! I am so excitedddddd now! I will do the monthly pic AND measure myself. That way I have 3 motivators, weight, inches, and pics. I need all the help I can get! This will be the year.. i can feel it!
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    For me, pictures of myself are MOTIVATION. My personal trainer had me take a front, back and side view then told me to hang it somewhere private where only I would see it, but where I would see it everyday. Seeing myself overweight gave me that extra push, and everytime I want to slow down or stop or eat something I shouldnt I look at that pic and it sets me straight again. This is just me.. but sometimes visual motivators are the most important!!