Food Diary Settings

Options
In your food diary, do you leave the things measured to the default (calories, carbs, fat, protein) or have you found it beneficial for you to monitor additional things on a daily basis?

Replies

• calana
    calana Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have mine include sodium as well as sugar and added spots for snacks between meals. I also alter my percentages and change my macros to 40/40/20.
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I change mine quite often, with the exception of fiber and protein (and usually fat).

I find it mildly depressing most days to view carbs, sugar and sodium, so I've changed it up. I learned that I generally do a great job staying under on cholesterol and exceeding my vitamins A&C, so now I'm learning how to get in plenty of calcium and iron too. Although I find that many things don't list calcium and iron, so it's difficult some days to measure well.

When I get that magic combination down, I figure it will take care of carbs, sugar and sodium on their own! But I do change my settings once in a while and look back a week or two to see if I have any surprises.