Baked Tilapia with a Tomato Shallot sauce

5thanddes
5thanddes Posts: 28 Member
Last night I had a lot of fun coming up with this recipe and I am happy to share this with you all today! :) A little back story, Im kind of a sauce *kitten* (haha)! I mean I just love condiments!! When I started using MFP and completely changed my eating habits, I kept thinking oh no, Im not going to be able to enjoy my food with sauces on it. Everything has to be plain..blah blah blah. It wasn't until a week ago, that I realized I can make my own and have them be healthy and delicious!

Here's what I came up with:

Tilapia: Its a great light (not too fishy) white fish

Chop 2 medium size roma tomatos and 1 shallot and put them in the bottom of a baking pan. Place your tilapia on top of veggies. Then drizzle a little olive oil over the fish, add a little chopped garlic, sqeeze half a lemon and S&P. Bake in the over (covered with foil) @ 400 for about 7-10 min, checking periodically to make sure your not over cooking the fish. NOTE** Fish could take a little longer or shorter depending on the size of the fish. When done, remove the fish from pan.

Tomato Shallot Sauce:

Take the tomatos and shallots and a little of the juice from the baking pan. Put contents into a small sauce pan with a tsp or 2 or Trader Joes Cocktail sauce, a tsp of Trader Joe's creamy goat cheese and a tbsp of water. Blend with an immersion blender in sauce pan until almost smooth. Place on the burner at medium heat and let it come to a simmer, stiring occasionally. Remove from heat and immersion blend again for just a little bit, until its as smooth as you like it. NOTE** You could a regular blender or food processor as well.

I paired with this fish some sauteed broccoli and brown rice!

Now Enjoy!!! :) Sorry for any spelling errors and no calorie conversions. Im a little busy at work today! :)

Replies