Trying out MyFitnessPal

Options
:smile: I just got a new Kindle Fire and thought I'd give this calorie counter a try. I've heard other people who used this type of program had great luck since they could see their calories for the day. I'm still trying to figure out my Kindle so maybe between this web site and the Kindle I'll be successful.

I'm at a total stand-still with my diet and fitness program so I need something to help me jumpstart it. My big issue is exercise. My job was recently relocated so I'm now commuting an hour and a half (car, train, walking) which doesn't allow me much time to exercise. I used to exercise 5 days a week at the gym, now it's only Saturday mornings at the gym. I walk 5 days a week (weather permitting) from the train station to my office, approx a mile but it's not enough. I recently purchased a wii fit so now I try to squeeze in some exercise at night. Some nights I'm pooped but I manage to use my wii 3-4 nights a week. I figure anything is better than nothing.

Replies

• vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hi I joined mfp after being at a stand still with my diet, I did weight watchers backlast year and lost weight but then fell pregnant, after I had my sons started weight watchers again but with no success. The first few wks on here I had lost more than the previous 5wks on ww so must be doing something right.

I understand your battle with work/ commutting and fitting in the gym, im only managing so much gym as im off work but its a hard balance. The wii should definately help you, we have one at home and the just dance games and wii fit have been great exercise while on the christmmas break when my gym was closed, even managed a weight loss!!

I wish you all the best on your weight loss battle-and working out your kindle!!! You will definately find support you need on here. Feel free to add me.

x