She made me want to SCREAM today!

Options
I had an inservice where I had to write art curriculum all day. I had to work with the elementary art teacher. Here she had a diet coke and 2 bananas for breakfast so all she did was complain all morning that she was hungry. Then complained about how all weekend she ate horribly. Then at lunch she ate a footlong hoagie from Subway while drinking another soda. Then said that she wanted the magical scale to show her a number 6 lbs less but she had no interest in working out!!

It was like all of our pet peeves rolled into one day.....OMG!!! :explode: My head hurts so much right now BUT I learned a big lesson--the whole time she was talking I was so proud of myself (and all of you actually) for doing such a good day calorie/excercise wise on a daily basis. I knew that what I was doing was good and it would have good results. I also was happy to look inside my lunch bag and see pineapple, celery, orange, almonds, cheesestick, ff jello etc and know that I was going to be able to eat all those things today while she sat there suffering!! :laugh:

Had to share!! Hope you enjoyed my story. Now I think I'll go have a stiff drink J/k:drinker:

Replies

• gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I had an inservice where I had to write art curriculum all day. I had to work with the elementary art teacher. Here she had a diet coke and 2 bananas for breakfast so all she did was complain all morning that she was hungry. Then complained about how all weekend she ate horribly. Then at lunch she ate a footlong hoagie from Subway while drinking another soda. Then said that she wanted the magical scale to show her a number 6 lbs less but she had no interest in working out!!

It was like all of our pet peeves rolled into one day.....OMG!!! :explode: My head hurts so much right now BUT I learned a big lesson--the whole time she was talking I was so proud of myself (and all of you actually) for doing such a good day calorie/excercise wise on a daily basis. I knew that what I was doing was good and it would have good results. I also was happy to look inside my lunch bag and see pineapple, celery, orange, almonds, cheesestick, ff jello etc and know that I was going to be able to eat all those things today while she sat there suffering!! :laugh:

Had to share!! Hope you enjoyed my story. Now I think I'll go have a stiff drink J/k:drinker:
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hilarious! Looks like she doesn't want it as bad as some of us. Good job! Sorry you had to endure that. But we have all been there!

Jess
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I get that at work sometimes. My coworkers have learned to not launch into arias about that around me. The other day one of them made the mistake of calling me lucky. I calmly (miraculously) explained that it isn't luck. I'm watching what I eat and busting my @$$ at the gym five or six times a week.

Great job putting put with that nonsense. I'm not sure I could have held my tongue that long.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I get those same comments from my co-worker.........

He has bags of chips, cookies, cakes, white read and so much non-nutritional junk food and wonders why he is steady gaining weight..........
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today someone made a comment that it is amazing I am losing weight with all the food I eat! She said every time I look over you are eating!:grumble:

triscuits
    LF cheddar cheese

cottage cheese
    pinapple

almonds

rst beef
    oatmeal bread
    spicy mustard

popcorn

carrots/hummus

Ate all day for under 600 calories!! I am never hungry!!

:drinker: Heres to US!!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    no one complains about weight gain at work, instead they hold competitions to help employees get on their way. Which is great.

Though my Uncle at one point was complaining, he was eating fairly heavy snacks at midnight and wondered why he was never losing weight. I don't think it dawned on him what the problem was until my dad pointed it out to him.