Feeling faint when I stand for too long?

Options
Okay, this is completely different than what I used to complain about what with my having dizzy spells and all that. I've been eating a pretty good range of my calories, usually always getting past 1,100 cals and sometimes going over my limit of 1600. My choice of foods is on the healthier side for the most part though I am tweaking it more and more to more homemade things.

But this is something I've been having since I can remember. Sometimes, when i stand for too long, I start feeling faint and I black out. This usually happens when I have to listen to someone talk to me. I thought this would get better with my eating habits but apparently not. To combat this, I usually keep moving around to keep the faint feelings at bay and that works for me. But if I'm standing still, I start getting the cold feeling and if I prolong it, I'll literally fall out from it. I wanna know what this is. Apparently, it's not affecting my workouts. I don't get dizzy or anything when I'm going hard in my workouts, and I'm proud to say that when doing all the up and down maneuvers of Jilian Michaels 30 day shred, I don't black out or anything. BUT, in honesty, I feel like my endurance levels are at a stand still or decreasing. It's an increase when it comes to exercise, but I dunno.I do have low iron, maybe that's it. Maybe I'm having panic attacks? I dunno, but do any of you have this and if so how do combat it? Do you know what this is coming from?

TIA

Replies

• kimborious
    Options
    During the first part of your post I was thinking either low iron or panic attacks. Then you mentioned both. Funny how it's isolated to when you have to stand and listen to some one talk to you. This leads me to think it's panic. Can you describe more of the symptoms? Racing heart? Sweaty Palms? anything like that?
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do experience a racing heart, that's what leads me to move around. But when I can't do that, I start feeling cold and then I know it's about to come full force. After the coldness starts coming in, my vision goes in and out, and finally, it'll all just come in and I'll fall out. I wanna say it's nervousness, but it doesn't happen all the time when I'm nervous. Sometimes I notice I have to take deep breaths when I talk but it doesn't happen all the time. Probably 85% of the time, i'm fine. It just strikes me at any given moment, mostly when I'm talking with immediate family.
  • mizzcase
    Options
    BUMP

Happens to me as well.