Dukan Diet

Options
Did anybody follow Dukan Diet? How was/is it?
Or what kind of diets do you follow?
Or do you do "only" MFP?

Thank you!
Love,
o.

Replies

• alisatomp
    alisatomp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I follow the dukan diet and loving it. It is very easy to follow and you won't get hungry. Good luck!
  • olinka1981
    Options
    thank you!
  • bittybooh
    bittybooh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also follow the Dukan diet, and have had very good results. I have rarely felt hungry and always have energy, I recommend it!!
  • tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    I am thinking of the dukan diet, but its driving me crazy that I have to give up alcohol ( especially wine :()! My question is do you still count your daily calorie intake?!

5992661.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I just heard of this diet today for the first time. I watched the Dr. Oz shows on this diet and his "panel" of experts. I tried the HCG diet last year and the one thing that you do on that diet to drop weight fast when you haven't dropped a pound in 3 or 4 days (which is very unusual) is eat protein all day for one day except you eat 1 apple with dinner. You drop 1 to 2 pounds the next day.

I love Atkins because I am never hungry but you have unlimited fat to keep you full. I love vegies and fruit so I have hard time with the first phase. hhmmmmmm. Might try this! I can see how it would work! Hopefully you all will keep posting so I can see how you are doing.

One QUESTION: I work out every day. I left weights - squats, bench press, Chin-ups, Pull-ups, Dips, & Push-ups! Any of you work out hard and have any problems with weakness since there is no carbs??? Thanks! V
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've done the protein only part of it where I found I had success, I didn't follow the whole program though...I found eating protein only quite easy and I'm never hungry, I always had trouble upping my protein but now I manage it quite well....I find it helps to get me back on track when I fall off the wagon!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I did the Dukan Diet this summer....... I lost about 15 lbs and it put me in the hospital with kidney stones (per the ER doctor this was the cause - because I disclosed that's what I was doing) - I have never had any kidney stones or urinary problems of ANY kind - no health problems actually - so it makes sense.
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tried it, and didn't like it. I need more variety than what it offers. If you don't mind cutting out lots of foods completely, it's ok. The book is gathering dust on my shelf. I've found much more success with MFP and plain old calorie counting. Everything in moderation.
  • bittybooh
    bittybooh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Interesting, I just heard of this diet today for the first time. I watched the Dr. Oz shows on this diet and his "panel" of experts. I tried the HCG diet last year and the one thing that you do on that diet to drop weight fast when you haven't dropped a pound in 3 or 4 days (which is very unusual) is eat protein all day for one day except you eat 1 apple with dinner. You drop 1 to 2 pounds the next day.

I love Atkins because I am never hungry but you have unlimited fat to keep you full. I love vegies and fruit so I have hard time with the first phase. hhmmmmmm. Might try this! I can see how it would work! Hopefully you all will keep posting so I can see how you are doing.

One QUESTION: I work out every day. I left weights - squats, bench press, Chin-ups, Pull-ups, Dips, & Push-ups! Any of you work out hard and have any problems with weakness since there is no carbs??? Thanks! V

I have not had any problems with exercising while on Dukan. It isnt that you are not eating any carbs....you are, but not the processed starchy kinds. With this diet, you are eating healthy carbs with your nonfat yogurts, nonfat cottage cheeses and certain vegetables. What you cannot have is pasta, breads, potatoes, or alcohol initially. I would highly recommend you read Dr. Dukan's book. In it you will find all the information you will need. The website (US version) is ok, but not always reliable unfortunately.

Good luck! :)
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Tried it, suffered god-awful migraines, lethargy & mood swings. Quit it. Wouldn't recommend it.
  • diablohoney
    Options
    I'm on it :) Have been now for a week and lost 7lbs in my 'attack' phase and a further 1lb over the weekend after startin 'cruise' phase. So 8lbs in total....yippee :)

I found it hard the 1st phase, I was never hungry but as I'm not a great lover of fish I struggled for variety. Thankfully can have salads and soups etc now so I'm loving it!

LIsa x
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I tried this diet. My OH and I both did 6 days of the Attack Phase and then two weeks of the 'Cruise Phase' before Christmas. It does work, and I never got that hungry, however the following things made me come off of it...

1) It is very limited, and even in the cruise phase, it takes a LOT of organisation and preparation to have a varied and interesting diet

2) There aren't many things you can 'grab' to eat. Most of the allowed foods need cooking or prepping in one way or another

3) Having a diet primarily built on meat and protein is expensive! Our weekly shop doubled in price.

I much prefered the Cambridge Diet to this one, personally, although neither are for me. I like to have a bit more freedom and variety in what I eat :)
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    BittyBooh are you having success then?? How long did you do the diet and have you done all four stages?? TY! V
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have tried it and had a lot of success. However, I fell off the diet during a family celebration and my body did not cope well with the rich food at all!

I have restarted, however I am doing protein/veg days every day. I am still losing plenty of weight and it feels a lot healthier for me. There are lots of people on here that do ducan, and a thread called 'ducan it out' or similar with a lot of information.

Calories - I do count them, mainly for interest, but I find if I stick to Ducan I easily stay under my calorie goal.

Exercise - in the beginning I found it difficult, especially the early morning sessions the day after a protein only day. But now I do it just fine!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    bump
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Looking for an answer about calorie counting too. Is calorie counting necessary? I've read that once you are on the diet, you can eat as much as you want without counting calories. You just need to eat the correct foods.
  • Jo2926
    Options
    Looking for an answer about calorie counting too. Is calorie counting necessary? I've read that once you are on the diet, you can eat as much as you want without counting calories. You just need to eat the correct foods.

Its not necessary.

The way the diet is set up means that it automatically limit your food intake and you do not have to worry about it. Protein will fill you up, so you will eat less.

I monitored my calories as I was curious but the diet will work well if you follow it as set out by Ducan himself. Do you have the book?
  • snaggly
    Options

Its not necessary.

The way the diet is set up means that it automatically limit your food intake and you do not have to worry about it. Protein will fill you up, so you will eat less.

I monitored my calories as I was curious but the diet will work well if you follow it as set out by Ducan himself. Do you have the book?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have the book. Have not read the whole thing though!

I'm doing about 1300 to 1400 cals in the attack phase, which is up from my 1200 cals. I have heard that many on the program don't eat much but I'm finding that I'm eating more!!
  • Jo2926
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm doing about 1300 to 1400 cals in the attack phase, which is up from my 1200 cals. I have heard that many on the program don't eat much but I'm finding that I'm eating more!!

I found that too - but my appetite settled after about a week. Don't worry, eat until you are satisfied and you will be fine!
  • snaggly
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.

I found that too - but my appetite settled after about a week. Don't worry, eat until you are satisfied and you will be fine!

Yes, it did!! Now I'm not able to eat much and cannot hit the 1200 cals. Now, I fear starvation mode. Oh, the trials and tribulations of dieting!!!

Anyhow, I'm on the cruise phase, but I think I will do the 2PP/5 whatever meals per week as described in the book (yes, finally read through half of the contents!) because there is no way that I will maintain the PP and PV only diet for 6 weeks, which is how long my cruise phase will last.

How are you finding the cruise phase? Looks like you are doing very well with the weight loss!