Slim Fast 3 2 1 Plan?

Options
I just started MFP yesterday, love it already! Wondering if anyone else replaces two meals a day with Slim Fast 3 2 1 and what is everyone's opinion on it. If you have had success with it or recommend it what are some great ideas for snacks and the other meal? Thank you for any help!

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's very high in sugar and too low in protein and protein is what keeps you full.

Try having a whey protein shake instead for lunch instead to keep you full.
  • mkath4
    mkath4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a whey protein shake as well. I use Jillian MIchaels Chocolate Whey. It is 100 calories and has 15 grams of protein. I drink it when I get home from the gym. I also have lunch on top of the shake. If you are not a breakfast eater, you could always use the protein shake in the morning. I believe Slimfast is high in sugar and does not have a lot of nutritional value.
  • ChallengeChick
    Options
    Slim fast is too high in sugar. I use BBV Vi-Shake which has 12g of tri-sorb protein and less than 1g of sugar.
  • jesl6
    jesl6 Posts: 4
    Options
    Although I really liked the taste of Slim Fast I didn't stay full. I agree with the other comments - way too much sugar and not enough protein. I switched to something I got from my gym. It keeps me full and I have more energy.
  • dt_dz
    dt_dz Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's input on it, I appreciate it. I don't have an issue with the slim fast until dinner time then I feel I could eat a horse :l lol Think I'm going to go a different route.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I found it good to replace two lunches a week with a shake and it kept me full.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    go with a good protein shake as opposed to slim fast.. i cant find the value in that stuff. i use myoplex lite and sometimes whey and casein.. there are other ones on the market pre-made..depends what you want to pay . i do research on line to buy stuff. the myoplex i buy is like 40 bucks for 20 packets in a store but i got it on line a few times for 21 dollars.. the whey and casein i buy is almost 90 dollars in a store for the 5lb container but i got it online for 32 dollars so make sure you look around
  • etface
    etface Posts: 9
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs about 7 years ago. I substituted lunch with a slim fast and a piece of fruit then was watchful of breakfast of dinner and exercised maybe 4 times a week. 4 years later I have gained 17 back I will not hit 20. I am back to my fruit and slim fast and my exercise, hence the reason I am on this marvelous website. HInt: freeze the shakes for about 30 minutes. It's like having a milkshake everyday!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Love it! The sugar in the shakes make them taste great and it's been extremely helpful keeping my husband and I within our calorie range while we figure out a new diet we can both live with. It's a pretty daunting task to completely revamp your ENTIRE diet so it's been a whole lot easier being able to just concentrate on coming up with new dinner menus that are nutritious, satisfying and taste great instead of everything at once.

Although, we're not following the 1200 calorie 3-2-1 plan with the Slimfast snacks so I'm not sure how satisfying the entire plan is but, like I said, the shakes taste good and have been a huge help keeping us both under our allotted calories for now.