Okay, 3 days into my 4th go at JM Ripped in 30... *sigh*

Options
I just can't seem to make it past the middle of W2 (the furthest I ever got was W3D1.) Those effing Crow (Crawl?) Pushups in W2 are literally the hardest thing I've ever tried to do (emphasis on tried - i don't think I've successfully completed a single one.)

I'm just getting discouraged because I see the results other people get and I want that, but some of the things she does I literally don't see myself as capable of doing. blah.

I'm 5'5, 135lbs so it's not like I'm incapable of movement or really out of shape, either, which I guess is another reason I'm frustrated. JM is like "If 400, 500lb. people can do this, so can you!" as I collapse while trying to do 30 seconds of Running Man... it's embarassing.

I'm determined to get all the way through the program this time because God help me, I don't want to do the Week 1 workout for the five millionth time. Any encouragement would be SO appreciated!!

Replies

• LilMissTalyn
    LilMissTalyn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Its hard for everyone just starting OUT! Just do your best! ALMOST ALL OF THE PEOPLE I KNOW that did well in the JM ripped in 30 or shred never even MADE it to 3 the first month, they just kept doing the same thing AND most of them could only do ONE or had to just do their own version of some things she does that you can't do! If you can't do those, try a reg push up for all those they do. You are still working out and working the same muscles. Maybe next month after at least using some of those muscles it will be easier for you to do! Good luck and just try to stick with it! In some of my DVDs I have notices a little secret...for ME anyway sometimes the level twos or threes are actually EASIER for me to do because they don't always have the same evil exercises! If you can do the rest, just do what you can and you are still doing awesome! its doing it every day for 30 that brings results!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i hear ya, it's hard. I just did 30ds and wow level 3 was hard! I didn't get the results like i have heard from everyone else either, so that was disappointing to say the least... it made me want to give up! i lost only 2 lbs and 1 inch off my hips, waist and tummy.. that's it and that was by the time i hit the middle of the video. So i thought , wow i'm only half way, i can't wait to see what happens when i'm done... well yup you guessed it.. nothing else! i was so bummed..I am not going to give up i am going to do the whole 30days all over and then when i'm done that i will do ripped in 30 if i have to. I am determined to lose more by the next 2 months!!!!!!!!
  • jj1983
    jj1983 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I hate those stupid pushups too!!!! I only got through week one and two. I did week three once, and it was insanely hard but went by SO fast.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I still can't do more than 3 regular pushups and I did 30DS twice.
    I did 30 days in a row, but recently I heard her say she did not intend for it to be done 30 days in a row, but that you should do it every other day and incorporate another form of cardio.
    It's a killer workout, do your best, just push yourself each time, for those 23 effin minutes and then give yourself a pat on the back. And mute! definitely mute Jillian and curse her, or listen to other music:tongue:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    dont give up!! i never had a problem and never saw any results but its an okay workout. maybe modify week 2 and stay on it until its a breeze
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Its all about sticking to it. I personally dont think it matters if you get all the moves down. It may take several tries. I know for myself.. I pretty much skipped Level 2 for 30DS...couldnt hack it..too many planks..and yes level 3 is hard..but am sticking with it.

Its all about moving ...eventually stuff will happen. I know for myself..I plan to finish out the month with Level 3 for 30DS..and then February..move on to ripped in 30, then in March..do the 6 weeks to 6 pack..

I know results will be slow..but the fact that I am moving..is a good thing
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez. I move to level 2 in two days, and I am now having second thoughts. =/
  • hallen1205
    Options
    You can do it!! Seriously, just do your best and keep trying. You'll never lose the weight, gain the muscle, or even finish the DVD if you give up. I've only just finished week 1 day 2, so I've got a LONG way to go but I'm determined to complete it!! I don't know you, but I know you can do it. Find your inner determination and push through the pain and the disappointment if you can't get a particular movement down. You've got this!! Don't give up!!

Please keep us updated on your progress, I think telling other people as you do it holds you more accountable and you're more likely to succeed.
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There were many moves in Ripped in 30 that I struggled with. I just finished week 4 last weekend. There were some that I DESPISED (and still struggle with), while other exercises I could work with the advanced example. I figure that I was doing it, and that was what was important. I built a ton of muscle, but didn't lose a pound. I was even swearing at her during something in week 3. I thought week 3 was the hardest. Week 4 was much easier in many ways. Keep going! You can do it! :)
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just got 30 day shred today and plan to start tomorrow! I am nervous I won't see results! If you want to do 30ds all together we should! Great support!