I'm pretty sure I will set this scale on fire.

Options
tabchanges
tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
ignore por favor...

Replies

• tabchanges
    Options
    ignore por favor...
  • tabchanges
    Options
    and before you ask why I was weighing myself each day...it wasn't normally..i was just wearing jeans yesterday, which is not what i usually wear to weigh in.
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Is that the scale you use each time you weigh in? If so, I'd keep using it. If not, don't use it again and stick to the one you normally use.

As a woman...yes...I bet there are times you do fluctuate that much. Water. Don't fret. Tomorrow...it'll probably go back down.
  • MelsaEstel
    MelsaEstel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Scales can be evil like that. Just remember that your body does fluctuate from day to day.

Like you said, you were wearing jeans which is heavier than normal work pants (you said you are weighing at work?). So that could add a couple pounds.

I weigh everyday I feel brave enough:) But I just have to remember that it might be up if I eat a very salty dinner or drink a lot of fluids late or not enough water during the day. It happens. It sucks, but it happens.

I say just stick with it. It will even out in the long run!
  • tabchanges
    Options
    well yeah, i mean... okay. I weighed at the doctors office the other day and it says I weigh 5 pounds less than what the scale is telling me!

I think this scale is just off.

The reason why I want to have a restart, is because the doctors office scales says i'm UNDER 300, and this one says I'm OVER. You know what I mean? It's like a psychological thing. Does that make sense?
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    I weigh in every day too. To remind myself that my weight doesn't define me but is just an informational tool.
    Also, I weigh naked, after I've gone to the bathroom, before I've ingested anything. Same thing every time. If you're weighing with all your clothes and shoes on after eating a drinking, you could easily fluctuate several pounds. Don't freak out, and don't restart here. Just take it one day at a time and keep remembering why you are doing this.
    Good luck.
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Then again, maybe seeing a scale that tells me I'm OVER 300 everyday, will make me work harder to make sure I'm no where near the 300's? OKAY NEVERMIND, NO RESTART.

:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    well yeah, i mean... okay. I weighed at the doctors office the other day and it says I weigh 5 pounds less than what the scale is telling me!

I think this scale is just off.

The reason why I want to have a restart, is because the doctors office scales says i'm UNDER 300, and this one says I'm OVER. You know what I mean? It's like a psychological thing. Does that make sense?
    nah dont make a new account just work really hard to get far away from those 300's so when u step on the scale it wont have a chance to get there...if u need to buddy up with someone to help keep ya motivated just shoot me a private message. I will plug our little group as well I hope to see ya there and good luck http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/43632-bring-it-part-iii-team-no-excuses-in-march
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    Then again, maybe seeing a scale that tells me I'm OVER 300 everyday, will make me work harder to make sure I'm no where near the 300's? OKAY NEVERMIND, NO RESTART.

Trying to get out certain numbers will definately make you want to work harder and you'll feel so good once you've accomplished it! Just remember to eat healthy and exercise. :smile:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Okay, so at my work there is this scale that all the girls were using when we were doing like a "Biggest Loser" thing a few months ago, and we just kept it around. It's a digital scale.

Let me tell you that I am sick of it, It told me I've gained 8 pounds since yesterday. REALLY? :noway: EIGHT POUNDS?

So I'm thinking that the numbers it's been giving me, have just been super off.

I'm thinking I want to just make a new account on here and just restart. WHATDOYATHINK?HMM?

You don't have to get a new account, dear!!! Just go back and edit your starting weight.:flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

when i started i used the work scale weight. it was 2-4 pounds more than my scale at home. so, i just changed my starting weight on my profile and i didnt have to come up with a new profile.

HOWEVER since then i have learned the work scale is only 2 pounds off so i really started 2 pounds more than what my profile says. why does this bug me??? no clue :noway: but it does and it might mean i have OCD or some acronym of some sorts. like CRAZY. hehehe. have i mentioned i want to go HOME?!?!?!? im over this monday! :explode:
  • tabchanges
    Options

You don't have to get a new account, dear!!! Just go back and edit your starting weight.:flowerforyou:

What? Seriously? I can do that? WELL HELLO, I DID NOT KNOW THIS.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Okay, so at my work there is this scale that all the girls were using when we were doing like a "Biggest Loser" thing a few months ago, and we just kept it around. It's a digital scale.

Let me tell you that I am sick of it, It told me I've gained 8 pounds since yesterday. REALLY? :noway: EIGHT POUNDS?

So I'm thinking that the numbers it's been giving me, have just been super off.

I'm thinking I want to just make a new account on here and just restart. WHATDOYATHINK?HMM?

Oh, if you don't know already, just go to "Check In" and select "Edit previous entries" and where it says starting weight, change it!