why the fudge...

Replies

• CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    a weightloss programme should be sponsered by something encouraging and motivating to help others (like me) who watch it and are on a weightloss journey!! I dont want to see a flipping sub fly past the screen when alls i think about late a night is food!!:explode:
    It's not Subway's fault -- or anyone else's -- if you have trouble with controlling your eating.

Also, you can thank Subway for making the program you watch free for your viewing pleasure. :flowerforyou:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    it just makes me wounder why a food based thing has to sponser a weightloss programme?! =/
    Right -- because food has nothing to do with weight loss.
    Not to mention....since when do shows hand pick their advertising content? It's more so...who has the money.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 682 Member
    to big daddy!!!

it was a rant.....as the girl says...she wasnt looking for fact finding or an ear bashing for not checking the nutritional value of the food... lighten up man.

Rant over.

L.x

:laugh:

oh Lisa! gotta love ya! thanks hahaha! it just makes me wounder why a food based thing has to sponser a weightloss programme?! =/

guess ill never find out since people want to jump right at my throat all the time! :frown:

jump down your throat? wow! where exactly did he do that? sensitive much?
  • killagb
    It's a stupid show anyway!!
    THIS
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    to big daddy!!!

it was a rant.....as the girl says...she wasnt looking for fact finding or an ear bashing for not checking the nutritional value of the food... lighten up man.

Rant over.

L.x

Rather than attack me, why not re-read without per-determined prejudice for dislike. A question was asked, and fact based supportive answer was given.

Everything in life is based on the choices you make, consciously or subconsciously. Don't like what's on TV, turn it off and do something else. Don't like being over-weight, Choose to and upon that choice to be healthy. Want civility in life, treat others with respect and in turn, you get it.
  • dane11235813

Not necessarily

Big Mac:
    Calories 540
    Total Fat 29g
    Sat Fat 10g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 1040mg
    Carbs 45g
    Protein 25g

Foot Long Philly Cheese Steak:
    Calories 1000
    Total Fat 34g
    Sat Fat 18g
    Cholesterol 170mg
    Sodium 2620mg
    Carbs 102g
    Protein 74g

Even going with the 6 inch Cheesesteak, I wouldn't call it better than a Big Mac. And sure, I could've picked a healthier sub from Subway to compare, but I can choose just as many healthier options from McDonald's to compare with, also. I would definitely put McD's above Subway, way too easy to go overboard at Subway.

way to twist the numbers to try and make your point

overboard at subway? ya sure. because when you go into mcdonalds you ONLY get a big mac right?
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    And I disagree that Subway is worse than KFC or McD's. It's healthier to get a sandwich rather than a BigMac, and they are advertising based on that, and ignore the "options" of crisps, cookies, etc. It's all about making mindful decisions. It'd be great if they had more sponsors telling about the benefits of avoiding fast food and doing your own cooking, but I don't see that happening.

Plus... sandwiches are delicious. Mmm!

Not necessarily

Big Mac:
    Calories 540
    Total Fat 29g
    Sat Fat 10g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 1040mg
    Carbs 45g
    Protein 25g

Calories 1000
    Total Fat 34g
    Sat Fat 18g
    Cholesterol 170mg
    Sodium 2620mg
    Carbs 102g
    Protein 74g

Even going with the 6 inch Cheesesteak, I wouldn't call it better than a Big Mac. And sure, I could've picked a healthier sub from Subway to compare, but I can choose just as many healthier options from McDonald's to compare with, also. I would definitely put McD's above Subway, way too easy to go overboard at Subway.

If you CHOOSE to eat a foot long, that is your doing. Is that Big Mac equivalent in size? didn't think so. The appropriated meal size recommended by Subway is 6". Match those numbers, don't skew them for your benefit to try and prove an imbalanced point.
  • killagb

Not necessarily

Big Mac:
    Calories 540
    Total Fat 29g
    Sat Fat 10g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 1040mg
    Carbs 45g
    Protein 25g

Calories 1000
    Total Fat 34g
    Sat Fat 18g
    Cholesterol 170mg
    Sodium 2620mg
    Carbs 102g
    Protein 74g

way to twist the numbers to try and make your point

overboard at subway? ya sure. because when you go into mcdonalds you ONLY get a big mac right?
    The protein is superior in the cheesesteak. Boom!
  • dane11235813
    Not necessarily. Check you specifics before making generalizations. Healthy intake depends on overall consumption and your choice of what you eat.

Subway offers easy options and means for better choices.

yeaa but i dont think anyone wants to see food on the screen that time of night when its on! when late night eating is a struggle for alot of people loosing weight!

this pretty much says it all. turn the friggin' tv off then if you can't control your cravings because of a commercial. did you go out and buy a car too when you saw the ad for a new mercedes?
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    to big daddy!!!

Rant over.

L.x

oh Lisa! gotta love ya! thanks hahaha! it just makes me wounder why a food based thing has to sponser a weightloss programme?! =/

guess ill never find out since people want to jump right at my throat all the time! :frown:
    Because it's a popular show and people will see their advertisement. The show likes the money paid to them by said advertiser. Quite simple, really.

alls subway think about is money

'would you like a cookie with ur sub? or can i tempt you in a packet of crisps? or a nice ice cold bottle of coke to wash it down?!

NO! just the sub on its own - or else ill be way over calories and my purse will be empty!

robbin *kitten*
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    is the biggest looser UK sponsered by subway?!!!!

a flippin KFC or Macdonalds is healthier than a subway for crying out loud!!

I know subway is packed with salad - wich is obvs healthy. but what about the bread, crisps, cookies, muffins, fizzy pop, some of the meat?!! :angry:

a weightloss programme should be sponsered by something encouraging and motivating to help others (like me) who watch it and are on a weightloss journey!! I dont want to see a flipping sub fly past the screen when alls i think about late a night is food!!:explode:

sorrry rant over ha!x

and you seriously thing KFC or McDonalds is better? Wow, I don't even know what to say about that other than have you actually eaten at any of those places?
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    When I go there I get a six inch turkey with mustard and that's 210. Not too bad.
  • xSophia19
    Not necessarily. Check you specifics before making generalizations. Healthy intake depends on overall consumption and your choice of what you eat.

Subway offers easy options and means for better choices.

yeaa but i dont think anyone wants to see food on the screen that time of night when its on! when late night eating is a struggle for alot of people loosing weight!

this pretty much says it all. turn the friggin' tv off then if you can't control your cravings because of a commercial. did you go out and buy a car too when you saw the ad for a new mercedes?

yep i did actually, problem?
  • CaptainGordo

'would you like a cookie with ur sub? or can i tempt you in a packet of crisps? or a nice ice cold bottle of coke to wash it down?!

NO! just the sub on its own - or else ill be way over calories and my purse will be empty!

robbin *kitten*
    Yes, damn them for being a business that wants to make money! And damn them for making you buy things. Man, it would be great if humans could think for themselves, and be the masters of their our fates. Alas... we are slaves to Subway and their demands to buy their food.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member

The protein is superior in the cheesesteak. Boom!

Not if you get 3+ big macs BOOM!
  • xSophia19
    is the biggest looser UK sponsered by subway?!!!!

a flippin KFC or Macdonalds is healthier than a subway for crying out loud!!

I know subway is packed with salad - wich is obvs healthy. but what about the bread, crisps, cookies, muffins, fizzy pop, some of the meat?!! :angry:

sorrry rant over ha!x

and you seriously thing KFC or McDonalds is better? Wow, I don't even know what to say about that other than have you actually eaten at any of those places?

yep always eat at macdonalds thankyou very much.. and lost alot of weight aswell! so much for what i can say about you..
  • CaptainGordo
    yep always eat at macdonalds thankyou very much.. and lost alot of weight aswell! so much for what i can say about you..
    Oh, you're a charmer, aren't you? Trying to get this thread deleted so that nobody sees what silliness you created?
  • to big daddy!!!

Rant over.

L.x

Because it's a popular show and people will see their advertisement. The show likes the money paid to them by said advertiser. Quite simple, really.

robbin *kitten*

Hmm mine just ask me "is this all" and I say "yes" or "no, can I have a bottled water and apples too please." Problem solved. Ahh self control
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    And I disagree that Subway is worse than KFC or McD's. It's healthier to get a sandwich rather than a BigMac, and they are advertising based on that, and ignore the "options" of crisps, cookies, etc. It's all about making mindful decisions. It'd be great if they had more sponsors telling about the benefits of avoiding fast food and doing your own cooking, but I don't see that happening.

Plus... sandwiches are delicious. Mmm!

Not necessarily

Big Mac:
    Calories 540
    Total Fat 29g
    Sat Fat 10g
    Cholesterol 75mg
    Sodium 1040mg
    Carbs 45g
    Protein 25g

Calories 1000
    Total Fat 34g
    Sat Fat 18g
    Cholesterol 170mg
    Sodium 2620mg
    Carbs 102g
    Protein 74g

Okay, so you're comparing a Big Mac to a Footlong sandwich? Which one is bigger?
    ALSO, you're not considering the fact that Subway has healthier options than a footlong cheesesteak sandwich. Turkey on wheat bread, for example. An entire footlong for that would probably only be maybe 100-200, MAYBE 300 calories more than a Big Mac, and you're getting vegetables in.

So I guess you're technically correct that McDonalds is healthier than Subway.
    When you compare a Big Mac to a footlong Philly Cheesesteak.

:noway:
  • dane11235813

'would you like a cookie with ur sub?

no
    or can i tempt you in a packet of crisps?

no
    or a nice ice cold bottle of coke to wash it down?!

no

robbin *kitten*

see that's not so hard hard now is it?
This discussion has been closed.