How many days a week do you exercise?

Options
As it says in the title really? When you feel sore do you see it as a good thing and continue the next day or do you take a break?

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    If I'm sore enough that attempting the same thing brings a lot of pain, I'll switch to something else for the day and go back to the first thing the day after if possible.

When I was swimming I used to wear out my chest muscles to the point where lifting anything felt like I was being punched, so I worked on lunges and jump ropes until I could lift again. Just space it out!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 days a week, sometimes 7 if I can't help myself, but it's not anything strenuous that day because you really need at least one rest day to let your muscles recover. I alternate cardio and strength days.
  • scoell
    scoell Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Taking a break is better is it allows those muscles to recover. I aim to work out 4-5 times, sometimes 6 days aweek but work on a diferent muscle group. Depending on the week, I will also alternate days between strength and cardio.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I do cardio 5x a week, and strength training 3x a week before my doing my cardio.

It seems like the more I keep moving, the less soreness I get. So if I start to get sore I'll always try to do something, even if it's just walking the dog, or else I start to feel like the tin man seizing up or something, lol
  • colinmcp
    colinmcp Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just doing cardio so daily...
  • panda0920
    Options
    I'm aiming for at least working out 6 days a week, alternating cardio and strength training.
  • ehunte
    ehunte Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week - 3 days strength and 6 days cardio with Bikram Yoga on the 7th. If I am super, super sore I take a day off.
  • megz85g
    megz85g Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i workout every day, 2 PT sessions, 3 classes and the other days just my own cardio or strength programs
  • Kaylee_law_123
    Kaylee_law_123 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I aim for a minimum of 4, which may not seem like much, but I have a very stressful highly demanding job that limits my free time! 2 of those sessions are on the weekends, which tend to be at least 90 minutes :-)
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    Just 4 days a week of strength training... zero cardio, except when I walk around my work if that counts lol.
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I aim for 5 days a week but sometimes its 4. Cardo each of those days (sometimes elliptical, sometimes a spin class) but I only include strength training once per week. I guess I should step up the strength training! :)
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week. On two of those I do weights, on four of those days I run, and on the day I don't run it's the cross trainer and yoga at the gym. I'm doing a training plan for a half marathon so I have 2 rest days - which I make sure I take so I don't get injured.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week for about an hour. 3 cardio and 2 body pump classes. On body pump days I'll do 30 minutes on the stairmaster also.

I only get sore when I've missed a few days, and then I just push through it. I'm the type where if I miss several days in a row I'm at risk of not going again for a few weeks or more.
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    This is just my personal answer, and in no way am I saying my way is the only way :)
    I exercise everyday, even if its a short walk. I think that feeling some pain is OK because your working those muscles and that's good, but if I am really sore I will just take it easy..I get excited when I feel the pain, then I know I'm' working to change my body to my goals! Good luck! :)
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i exercise 5-6 days a week.. 3 days are weight lifting 2 are cardio. if i feel up to it i thrown in a day of some yoga.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    6 days
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    5-6 days a week. It gives me energy and floods my brain with endorphins. = Lerve
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    7 days a week. I tend to get off track if I don't make exercise a part of my daily routine. Plus, it gives me the motivation and energy to carry out the rest of my day. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Six. When I'm sore, I go lighter the next day on whatever I'm supposed to. I alternate strength/cardio and cardio only days. If I'm sore from running, I know I can do my normal strength routine the next day since it works different muscles. If I'm sore from strength, same thing for the next day. If I'm still sore from strength by the time my next strength day rolls around, I go easier or try to work different muscles or work them in different ways. I only had one rest day in between my one day that caused SEVERE soreness until today (about 4 days) and my rest day was already scheduled, if that gives you an idea. I still did my strength routine yesterday, I just didn't do lunges (which caused the soreness in the first place), but still did squats, sumo squats, and other things to work my thighs... today I ran, struggled, but I did it. Today is the first day I can sit on the toilet without groaning, lol.
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day. It varies between walking, aerobics with a DVD, and strength training.