Irritated

Options
My sister asked me about a month and a half ago to start going to the gym, with I started going and I signed my daughter up also. Well in the last month and a half my sister met me there once and that was when I was almost done.. Everytime I ask her if she is going she makes an excuse then the next time its another... I dont understand I go to the gym all by myself what is her problem that she cant go by her self... she just wants me to feel sorry for her and I dont cuz she can get off her *kitten* and do something about it like me.. I went to the gym today and I was there from 1:30 to 5:30 I worked out hard I did 30 minutes on the bike 25 on the treadmill 5 on the eliptical, then the weights then I did the water areobics.. I burned off everything I would have ate in the day.. so I got me a small strawberry bananna smothie.

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    My sister asked me about a month and a half ago to start going to the gym, with I started going and I signed my daughter up also. Well in the last month and a half my sister met me there once and that was when I was almost done.. Everytime I ask her if she is going she makes an excuse then the next time its another... I dont understand I go to the gym all by myself what is her problem that she cant go by her self... she just wants me to feel sorry for her and I dont cuz she can get off her *kitten* and do something about it like me.. I went to the gym today and I was there from 1:30 to 5:30 I worked out hard I did 30 minutes on the bike 25 on the treadmill 5 on the eliptical, then the weights then I did the water areobics.. I burned off everything I would have ate in the day.. so I got me a small strawberry bananna smothie.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of your own accomplishments. It is awesome that you are watching what you eat, going to the gym and working out hard. Your sister will eventually catch on to your motivation as she sees your progress. If she doesn't, then don't let it stop you. You have to do this for yourself.

I wish my sister and I lived in the same city so we could be work out buddies. In the past, whenever I started to lose weight she gained and vice versa. The next time I see her, we'll both be hotties. :-)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I was just venting to my husband about a similar issue with my mom and what you need to realize is your sister is using you as her excuse to not take care of herself. Although the situation is frustrating to you she is an adult and has to take responsibility for her actions...not you. she can blame you for her only getting to the gym so many times a month and if she does you can tell her that you intended to workout with her as a partner for support and you keep offering but she keeps turning you down and that is her issue not yours.

Sometimes people need to hear the truth, whether they like it or not, whether they get mad at you or not, eventually they have to realize it is their life and their health and they are the only ones that can make the decision to change.

You keep doing what you are doing for you and maybe she will get motivated when she sees how sucessful you are at it. :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    well my sister is here at my house watching american idol with me she said wow sis you can tell that you have lost some weight... I said sis you should start going to the gym with me, I did join cuz you asked.. she said I am so discouraged cuz I am not losing anything and I said are you watching what your eating?? and she was like yes and I told her she should try to use this site and it will keep you aware of what your eating and she was like I dont have time.. I said it only takes a few minutes to log your food and excersice so that isnt an excuse.. I said on your break at work log it then when you get home log again .. then she had another excuse.. I said I tell you what text me and I will log for you and then she just smiles and says american idol is back on.. and my husband said to my sister that she should listen to me cuz she talked me into joining the gym.. she even my hubby knows..

The sad thing about my sister I see her sitting here and I see her getting bigger and bigger and I want to take your by the hair and drag her to the gym!!! like a cave man!!! LOL

She is so dipressing cuz she is so neggative.. I just say if you dont like yourself then change IT...

is it wrong to be irritated by my sister.. I am trying to be nice