Irritated

Options
My sister asked me about a month and a half ago to start going to the gym, with I started going and I signed my daughter up also. Well in the last month and a half my sister met me there once and that was when I was almost done.. Everytime I ask her if she is going she makes an excuse then the next time its another... I dont understand I go to the gym all by myself what is her problem that she cant go by her self... she just wants me to feel sorry for her and I dont cuz she can get off her *kitten* and do something about it like me.. I went to the gym today and I was there from 1:30 to 5:30 I worked out hard I did 30 minutes on the bike 25 on the treadmill 5 on the eliptical, then the weights then I did the water areobics.. I burned off everything I would have ate in the day.. so I got me a small strawberry bananna smothie.

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    My sister asked me about a month and a half ago to start going to the gym, with I started going and I signed my daughter up also. Well in the last month and a half my sister met me there once and that was when I was almost done.. Everytime I ask her if she is going she makes an excuse then the next time its another... I dont understand I go to the gym all by myself what is her problem that she cant go by her self... she just wants me to feel sorry for her and I dont cuz she can get off her *kitten* and do something about it like me.. I went to the gym today and I was there from 1:30 to 5:30 I worked out hard I did 30 minutes on the bike 25 on the treadmill 5 on the eliptical, then the weights then I did the water areobics.. I burned off everything I would have ate in the day.. so I got me a small strawberry bananna smothie.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :heart: So glad you worked out! There are some amazing protein shakes you can have after working out that will up your protein intake and help get the weight off. Keep up the exercising.:smile: Your sis sounds like she is on her own today! Great that you could write about how you feel! :heart:
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I had one of those friends too. She wanted me to join the gym with her, so I did (one year commitment) and never wanted to go!! I have a little fitness center so once my gym membership expired I started working out there. It saves me $20 a month!!

But keep going with your daughter. I don't know how old she is, but you're not only doing something good for yourself, you're setting a good example by keeping the commitment to becoming healthier! Good for you!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • cheli
    cheli Posts: 40
    Options
    I also had a friend like that. I had another gym membership that was closer to my parent's house (20 min drive away) and I had recently moved to my bf's house which was 5 min away from my friend's, so we decided to get a membership together at a nearby gym (even though I still had a commitment at another gym). She hardly went, and when she did, she would make me cut my workouts short because she'd want to go home (we carpooled since we lived so close to each other). You're better off without her showing and ruining your workout!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good for you going....doesn't it feel gooooood!!!:bigsmile:
    don't worry about her. she has to do it on her own. just think of what you are doing for yourself. be proud of the changes you make. she will follow when she is ready.
    have a good workout :drinker:
  • swignal
    Options
    well she is going to be really disapointed in herself when I lose all my weight and she will be left in my dust LOL.. I call her every nite before I go to bed to see if she is going to meet me and then she always tells me yeah I will be there and then when I call her in the morning she says I forgot my stuff or I was running late or dont have the extra gas I am telling you its one thing or another with her.. so when she says i am fat no one likes me I have no sympathy for her cuz she has the membership to do something about it!!! and choises not to.. Today I got weighed and I lost 2 pounds Yippie I am so excited I cant wait to get my measurements next week tuesday!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Well you are doing great! Congratulation on the two pounds!! And she WILL be jealous when you are doing you I have lost weight sexy walk!!:happy:

well she is going to be really disapointed in herself when I lose all my weight and she will be left in my dust LOL.. I call her every nite before I go to bed to see if she is going to meet me and then she always tells me yeah I will be there and then when I call her in the morning she says I forgot my stuff or I was running late or dont have the extra gas I am telling you its one thing or another with her.. so when she says i am fat no one likes me I have no sympathy for her cuz she has the membership to do something about it!!! and choises not to.. Today I got weighed and I lost 2 pounds Yippie I am so excited I cant wait to get my measurements next week tuesday!!!
  • swignal
    Options
    LOL I will make sure I do my sexy weight lose dance for sure!! hope she likes it..
  • swimgodess18
    Options
    good for you on the work out that is amazing. i know what you mean with you buddy thing i did that too with one of my friends. and it seemed that i was more into it then she was and we hardly ever worked out together. it was sad at first because its nice to have someone else there. but you keep up with your hard work and goodluck with your goal. :flowerforyou:
    164695.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • swignal
    Options
    my siter saw me today and she was like omg sheila you look like your losing weight.. well I have only lot two pounds but maybe she will get off her bum!!!!