Potluck Ideas

Options
artschoolgirl
artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
Hey everyone!

I have a potluck at work on Friday. The problem is, everyone has already claimed all the staple items, dips, salads, deserts, sandwiches, ect. I can't really bring anything hot because it will have have to stay in the fridge for about 4 hours. So, I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas, doesn't necessarily have to be the most super healthy recipes/ideas, but that would be a great bonus!

Thanks!

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I have a potluck at work on Friday. The problem is, everyone has already claimed all the staple items, dips, salads, deserts, sandwiches, ect. I can't really bring anything hot because it will have have to stay in the fridge for about 4 hours. So, I'm wondering if you guys have any ideas, doesn't necessarily have to be the most super healthy recipes/ideas, but that would be a great bonus!

Thanks!
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :heart: I do a container of gazpacho, cucumber soup, cold carrot soup, etc. It stays in the fridge until time to serve. All it requires is a fantastic recipe, a wide mouth jar and a ladle! I take styrofoam cups to serve it in. Yummy!:drinker: :heart:
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Oh good idea! I was kind of thinking that soup might be a good idea but wasn't sure how I'd serve it.

I also was thinking about stuffed mushroom caps....
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My mom makes a bean salad that is always a hit at these things. I know it has green beans, kidney beans and another kind of bean...maybe navy beans? All in an oil & vinegar type dressing. I'll see if I can find a similar recipe online....
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Here's a similar one & I'm sure you can substitute different beans in there if you wanted (garbanzo, pinto, black, etc...)

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Three-Bean-Salad/Detail.aspx

Good luck to you!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Ooh! This one looks spicier!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Three-Bean-Salad-501/Detail.aspx

Okay, I'm done now. :bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if you have a crockpot (or could borrow one) you could do soup or chili and keep it warm all day.

How about fresh bakery bread and butter? I love a fresh slice with my salad!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

my friend makes them with feta cheese and spinach - YA-HUM!
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    Even if some items are "taken" I would still consider picking up a veggie tray, a fruit tray, and low-fat or fat free cottage cheese, edamame (if you will have a microwavev you can get the "steamer" type), a chilled quinoa salad (recipes online), low fat muffins or brownies (try using appesauce in place of some or all of the fats - works especially well for boxed muffin mix).
    Hopefully these give you some ideas ....
  • thury
    thury Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I made some deli wrap type things. I took whole wheat tortilla spread whipped cream cheese and turkey and cheese and some red peppers and rolled them up and cut them into slices. I did many alternative such as adding green chili's and other things.
  • artschoolgirl
    Options
    Wow! Thanks ladies for all the suggestions!! Thank goodness I have until Friday to figure it out!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options

I made some REALLY good ones today...olives and red peppers with parmesan cheese SO GOOD!
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options

I made some REALLY good ones today...olives and red peppers with parmesan cheese SO GOOD!

Those sound really good. How well do they hold up if prepared in advance and kept in the fridge for a few hours, say about 8hrs
  • Annika
    Annika Posts: 55
    Options
    I like making Jello salads...there are tons of different kinds that have very few calories, and they still get rid of the sweet craving, sometimes the right recipe can get rid of crunchy too!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

my friend makes them with feta cheese and spinach - YA-HUM!
    Heather, I would really appreciate it if, whenever convenient, you could get your friend's recipe. Spinach and feta cheese sounds very tasty and healthy too. Thanks.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Those sound really good. How well do they hold up if prepared in advance and kept in the fridge for a few hours, say about 8hrs

It's probably good for them...to get the flavors to blend and such. :flowerforyou: