"BEFORE AND AFTER" - how to achieve something great?

Options
So, I see all these before and after photographs and they just make me want to be that person so badly!! I know I'm the only one that can do it, but I fell off the bandwagon and gained back about 12lbs of what I had originally lost 7 months ago.. back here now to do this once and for all, but just wondering if anyone who has already had 'the success story'... any tips?

PS: feel free to add me! We can never have too much support.

Replies

• clairer2282
    Options
    The only thing I can say is 'get back on again', I fell off the wagon over christmas and gained 7lbs and I have much more to lose than you, 99% of people on here will have done the same at some point in the journey, we are all human. Theonly thing that seperates them from others is that they didn't give up when they fell off! Don't be one of the quitters, be the person who is inspirational and has a story to share. You can do it!
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to look at it differently. I don't really believe you "fall off" of anything, I believe that you are merely taking your journey. There will always be challenges. There will always be disappointments. There will always be successes. You are already the individuals you see in the photos because the seed of fitness has been planted and it is in your mind. I can offer but one tip: Don't give up! Stop watching the clock, you have plenty of time. Experiment and find what works best for you. Get passionate about something that keeps you active and stick with it for the fun! Good luck!
  • KristenCassandra
    KristenCassandra Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try not to look at it as "falling off" like previously said... there's always going to be a few setbacks, but that just makes the end result more satisfying when (not "if"!) you do reach it!! I know it's easier said than done, but try to take each day one at a time and be proud of the small things you accomplish instead of focusing on the negatives. It probably sounds cheesy, but I find the more you focus and reward yourself on your accomplishments - no matter how small - the more you're inclined to push forward and achieve more :) Good luck and feel free to add!!

Kristen
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your comments! I really didn't mean to sound so negative though haha, you all picked up on the fact that I said 'fell off'! But I can assure you I am not a quitter, and I do believe I'm a winner in my heart! I already quit smoking about 10months ago now and haven't looked back.. this is just another to tick off my list.
    I hope you are all doing great in your journeys and thank you so much for all the kind words, it's lovely to get your advice! <3