is anyone using the wii fit for exercise

just wondering whether anyone is using the wii fit for exercise and have they found it much good. I am a single mum too 6 children so don't have the time to go to the gym or the room to get exercise equipment in my house as you can imagine with 5 boys lol....

Replies

• Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    5 boys... my condolences! lol

Anyway, I always used the Wii for exercise before I got a gym membership and I loved it!
    I did Wii Sports and Wii Fit and tested my Fitness Age every day. I would use two Mii's so I could work my right side and left side!
    Jillian Michael's and lots of others have incredible workout games too.
    When I was REALLY working hard on it, I would be so sore the next day and it felt great.

:happy:
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    I used the wii fit when it first came out and I was just starting to get in the habit of working out every day or every other day. It is great in the beginning but you will find that you quickly start wanting to look for other, more challenging workouts. The wii has some new one that I haven't tried, but I found that workout DVD's are great for the busy mom. You can pop them in whenever you want and you don't have to worry about finding a sitter for your boys just to get to the gym.
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    I am and it's great to do something at home with little room and little time. I also do the EA Sports video, which really works out everything with lots of lunges and squats. I lost 25 lbs initially with the Wii Fit helping (and lots of walking and biking outdoors in the summer). I gained 10 lbs back when I found I didn't have time for Wii. I'm back on it and lost 6lbs more with 9 to go for my final goal. It helps to maintain, too. I find I need something to help me along and just try to do something different every week!

It won't do everything, but it's a nice boost for overall fitness!

13671380.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools