Multivitamin

Options
Does anyone have a recommendation for a really good women's multivitamin?

Replies

• Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    I gave my recommendation on your Whole Foods topic. The one I got was recommended by my gynecologist. She's a Whole Foods lover. One question, though, if you don't mind me asking: how old (or young) are you?
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    On a fast downhill slide to 40 (in September). Thanks for the recommendation. I got it.
  • Kid70
    Kid70 Posts: 36
    Options
    Please, I slid down that hill to 40 a year and a half ago!!!! I was just going to say that she also recommends an omega fish oil supplement with either primrose or borage oil added to help the hormones for anyone in their mid to late 30s and up. I haven't bitten the bullet yet, because I tried taking one in the past and it was kind of gross, but I'm going to try again.
  • taco_tap
    taco_tap Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Is the fish oil what tasted gross? if so, take it at night NOT on an empty stomach. I was taking them in the morning and the burps were not enjoyable. started taking them before I go to bed. No burps.

As for the original poster, I found a One A Day Womens active mind and body. It has B vitamins to help convert food to energy. I also take fish oil. Both at night..
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Please, I slid down that hill to 40 a year and a half ago!!!! I was just going to say that she also recommends an omega fish oil supplement with either primrose or borage oil added to help the hormones for anyone in their mid to late 30s and up. I haven't bitten the bullet yet, because I tried taking one in the past and it was kind of gross, but I'm going to try again.

^^^ Try Barlean's Omega Swirl. I have only tried the pomegrante blueberry and it's good, but they also make one with Eveing Primrose and flaxseed oil, called "Essential Woman Swirl" - Chocolate raspberry flavor. They have several different flavors, the one I have doesn't have any fishy or awful taste. I mix it in my morning smoothie. I have also read that the lemon one and the orange one are delicious, so much so they don't even need to be taken with anything. Have also read that they are so good, kids will take them......willingly lol and ask for more!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    My wife uses Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate Woman.

l_vs-2752.png

She likes them a lot.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Does your wife also take a calcium?? I see it only has 2% of the daily recommended calcium!
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I take Nature Made Liquid Softgels for Women, they go on 2 for 1 sale all the time.
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My wife uses Vitamin Shoppe Ultimate Woman.

l_vs-2752.png

She likes them a lot.

The facts on these vitamins are VERY impressive compared to the Raw One for Women!!! Thanks
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I like NOW brand, seems to be a good quality product at a good price. I'm taking the liquid multi.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone! What great responses. I got the one at Whole Foods since I was headed there anyway.