Getting Back in Shape for my 20th Anniversary Present to my

Options
Over the past ten years (since kids now ages 12 and 14) I have put on twenty pounds... it is not a lot, but I am petite at 5 feet tall. The first ten years of marriage I enjoyed running and working out at the gym when the kids were small, but now that I am in my mid-40's and have two kids, my body is not like it used to be.

Because I was a runner before, it seems to me that it takes a lot more for me to loose weight now, I have really got to push myself harder (interval training is what I am doing)... because even though I was a runner years ago, I can still get out a run 3 miles even though I am not in shape - does that make sense... is there anyone in my shoes out there? If so, please let me know what you are doing to make loosing weight easier.

I am also eating smaller and more frequent meals every day, and that seems to be helping.

I told my husband for one of his 20th anniversary presents this May (I always need a goal), I would get back down to my weight of when we first got married... just for fun - I'm telling my teenage boys that I am going to get back into my bikini this summer... they just laugh and tell me to not wear it anywhere near them! :laugh:

Replies

• missyestes
    Options
    Over the past ten years (since kids now ages 12 and 14) I have put on twenty pounds... it is not a lot, but I am petite at 5 feet tall. The first ten years of marriage I enjoyed running and working out at the gym when the kids were small, but now that I am in my mid-40's and have two kids, my body is not like it used to be.

Because I was a runner before, it seems to me that it takes a lot more for me to loose weight now, I have really got to push myself harder (interval training is what I am doing)... because even though I was a runner years ago, I can still get out a run 3 miles even though I am not in shape - does that make sense... is there anyone in my shoes out there? If so, please let me know what you are doing to make loosing weight easier.

I am also eating smaller and more frequent meals every day, and that seems to be helping.

I told my husband for one of his 20th anniversary presents this May (I always need a goal), I would get back down to my weight of when we first got married... just for fun - I'm telling my teenage boys that I am going to get back into my bikini this summer... they just laugh and tell me to not wear it anywhere near them! :laugh: