bored with breakfast. ideas?

Options
abbylove08
abbylove08 Posts: 215
im getting tired of the same ol', same ol'. my breakfasts rotate b/w the following:

egg white/cheese english muffin w/ veggie sausage and fruit
waffles with egg whites and fruit
bagel with cream cheese, egg whites, and fruit

i usually stick with the egg whites because they keep me full. i'm teaching, so after 630, i don't see food again until 1140, so i gotta eat something that will hold me over (sometimes i can sneak in some fruit before lunch). i like to keep it around 300 cals.

i'm open to any yummy, filling suggestions :)

Replies

• abbylove08
    abbylove08 Posts: 215
    Options
    im getting tired of the same ol', same ol'. my breakfasts rotate b/w the following:

egg white/cheese english muffin w/ veggie sausage and fruit
    waffles with egg whites and fruit
    bagel with cream cheese, egg whites, and fruit

i usually stick with the egg whites because they keep me full. i'm teaching, so after 630, i don't see food again until 1140, so i gotta eat something that will hold me over (sometimes i can sneak in some fruit before lunch). i like to keep it around 300 cals.

i'm open to any yummy, filling suggestions :)
  • rebcolorado
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is:
    2 Kashi go Lean Waffles topped with 1/2 cup blueberry topping (1/2 cup blueberries, tbsp sugar free syrup microwaved for about 45 seconds)
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1/2 serving almonds (about 14)

Total calories = 310

Has a good balance of protein and carbs - keeps me satisfied for a good amount of time.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with dinner for breakfast and it is agood idea to have a larger meal for breakfast'
    have a sirloin steak....or a grilled chicken with black beans...flip yourmeals for a few days and have some fun
  • chickadee10
    chickadee10 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm up for suggestions too. I usually have buiscuits & gravy or nothing. I need a variety that doesn't cost much.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    In The Fitness magazine I just got it says::

Having a big breakfast doesnt mean you have to nibble a tiny salad for dinner. If you're trying to lose weight, stick to a 1,600- calories-a-day plan, aiming for 400-500 calories at each meal with enough reserved for a snack or two.

Here are some ideas per the magazine:

8 inch tortilla
    2 oz canadian bacon
    2 oz cheese
    4 oz fruit juice
    (stick in the microwave for 1 min on high)
    total calories 460

1 slice of whole-wheat veggie pizza
    1 16-oz skim milk latte
    total calories 400

(at starbucks)-
    1 turkey bacon egg and white cheddar breakfast sandwich
    1 short *8oz* caffe latte with skim milk
    total calories 420

6oz low fat vanilla yogurt
    1 scoop whey protein powder
    1/2 cup berries
    1oz nuts
    total calories 439
  • kimbey76
    kimbey76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    my favorite breakfast right now, and I am so hooked, is 1 cup of fiber 1 honey clusters, half a cup of blueberries and half a cup of skim milk... I know I should be having some protein in there too, maybe throw some almonds on top?

253 calories, with 1 oz almonds 413 calories
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    :smile: try peanut butter and sliced apples on 2 pieces of whole grain bread. This way you get your protein, carbs, and a fruit. Oh, and don't forget 1/2 cup of skim milk!! Also, eat the rest of the apple after your sandwich. Its quick and easy, and can be taken on the run.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    A yogurt parfait with fresh fruit and crunchy cereal?

pancakes with strawberries :love:

scrambled eggs with green pepper and cheddar

french toast ala whole wheat bread with light syrup or fruit

oatmeal with sliced bananas

Toasted tomato bacon sandwich :love:
  • pigletfraggle
    Options
    I personally have been having dinner for breakfast lately. It keeps me full for longer. The other morning I had a 6inch subway turkey breast & ham on whole wheat loaded with veggies, no cheese and mustard. And an apple. Total calories about 335 (give or take a few for the mustard and depending on the size of the apple). After that eat a normal lunch and then have your breakfast food for dinner.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    :smile: try peanut butter and sliced apples on 2 pieces of whole grain bread. This way you get your protein, carbs, and a fruit. Oh, and don't forget 1/2 cup of skim milk!! Also, eat the rest of the apple after your sandwich. Its quick and easy, and can be taken on the run.

I like that idea. :flowerforyou:

I'm bored with breakfast too and anything with peanut butter grabs my attention! Thanks! :smile: