A Nice NSV to boost my body image

Options
jhardenbergh
jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
I can thank my initial starting weight for this NSV. So today I am traveling for work and as usual when the minute I get to my hotel I search out their workout room, cause I wanna get a burn in before I go grab dinner. Much to my luck there is no one in there so I have my pick of equipment and with this being an allout cardio day I figured I would start on the treadmill. Towards the end of my workout another guy comes in the workout room and starts using the universal machine. So, I finish up my first cardio session on the treadmill and I have my ipod on. He says something to me, I couldn't hear him initially so I said sorry excuse me, I couldn't hear you. He said it again to me. Man, I wish I had your calves. It's like the first thing I noticed when I walked into the room. I said thanks that's what being close to 200 lbs overweight will do. He said, "What?". I responded with, "last January this time I was 182 lbs heavier than I am now", He says Holy *kitten* you must have been working hard. Damn you haven't lost anything in your calves, they are very sculpted. It turns out he was Div 1 College Pitcher at USC. So that's the second collegiate athlete, I have encountered that has made some mention of wishing they had a part of my anatomy. My trainer, Jeff, said the same thing last week. He played college football.

Replies

• finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    now that is a nice NSV!! awesome!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    A testament to your hard work and commitment my friend - you deserve all the compliments you receive!
  • rainman3k
    rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Jay you are the man! Nice NSV, I just came up with our plan to get rich, I will detail it the next few nights and we can talk!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone oh and rainman, keep me posted
  • Squir88
    Squir88 Posts: 24
    Options
    Tell him the secret to gaining those calve muscles is to go out and eat everything in sight. Keep the weight on for about 10 years then drop it. I know what you mean, my calve muscles look probable similar.
  • jenkay87
    jenkay87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awww great story. Very inspiring.
  • jeannette120
    jeannette120 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    How awesome! That must have made you feel on cloud 9! You are amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!