Very confusing!

Options
So I had a bad weekend, oh had chinese food and a few alcoholic beverages over a game of cards! I stepped on the scale this morning and I was 5 pounds over. Then I went and did some stuff (painting) and weighed myself again this afternoon and had come down to my normal weight less half a pound - why is this...and where the hell did that 5 pounds go so quickly??

Replies

• LeeAnn11
    LeeAnn11 Posts: 37
    Options
    So I had a bad weekend, oh had chinese food and a few alcoholic beverages over a game of cards! I stepped on the scale this morning and I was 5 pounds over. Then I went and did some stuff (painting) and weighed myself again this afternoon and had come down to my normal weight less half a pound - why is this...and where the hell did that 5 pounds go so quickly??
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    This has been happening to me for over a week......wake up and down, within an hour I am up 5 pounds, by bed I am back down.....just weigh 1 time or this is gonna drive ya nuts............
  • agapita1965
    agapita1965 Posts: 130
    Options
    Chinese food can have lots of sodium. That will put the weight on quick, usually takes a couple days to come back down.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Chinese food can have lots of sodium. That will put the weight on quick, usually takes a couple days to come back down.

Ditto....:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Your weight naturally fluctuates all the time. That's why it's a good idea to choose a day of the week and a time of day to weigh yourself. Weighing everyday, or several times a day, can be pretty devastating when you're trying to lose weight.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Your weight naturally fluctuates all the time. That's why it's a good idea to choose a day of the week and a time of day to weigh yourself. Weighing everyday, or several times a day, can be pretty devastating when you're trying to lose weight.

Exactly..............

I only weigh at the gym on Friday morning when I go at 6am, before having any food or drink for the day..........

I can't have a scale in the house because I am quite obsessive when it is in the house.........

The tape measure is my new best friend!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • nerveracker
    Options
    arrrrgh, gotta hate that. Kerrilucko you nailed it, weight fluctuates even from hour to hour, not to mention day to day. please, please, please! stop relying on your scale for your benchmark. take a look at Scales, Who needs em? post to see what I mean..