Late Night Snacking!

Options
I have really been struggling with avoiding snacking after dinner. What has helped you kick this habit?? :

Replies

• darjeelingexpress
    darjeelingexpress Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is the hardest thing! I hope someone has some good ideas.
  • robbietoomey
    Options
    nothing...i still do
  • kezzie888
    Options
    it is hard but drinking alot of water helps
  • kcoyle220
    kcoyle220 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!
  • frickelr
    Options
    popcorn, the 100 cal bag.
  • bobbibboots
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am starting to have a cup of soothing tea and not going back into the kitchen before going to bed. It works sometimes. Bobbi
  • toxicasylum
    Options
    I keep pumpkin seeds near by and that stops me from going into the kitchen in the middle of the night.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I still snack after dinner, especially since I usually did my workouts after dinner so I'd burn some cals and come home and snack,while still staying within my calories.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I usually have calories that I use for after dinner snacking. I do try though to not have anything past a certain time. That is where water or warm tea come in handy :)
  • forme2310
    forme2310 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Personally for me I have snacks I build them in to my calories and space them through out the day. I drink lots of water but I eat smaller meals and have snacks too that is how I do it and it works for me
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    Sometimes I go for a walk, organize my closet, drink tea, chew gum, Brush my teeth, paint my nails, read. If that doesn't work I have a low cal snack and than go to bed. Good luck. I still struggle all the time,
  • xginanax
    xginanax Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I always allow myself snack after dinner. Its not bad you know.

but only eat your snack when you really really hungry after drinking water that is :)

it helps from binge eating
  • Julieothree
    Julieothree Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn and drink peppermint tea with a little sugar to help with salty/sweet cravings... it has been helping so far
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't have anything unhealthy within easy access and drink a glass or two of water before eating anything.
  • dreamgurl2324
    dreamgurl2324 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i usually have some fruit
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Saving some calories for night time can be a good idea if you get actually (physically) hungry at night. If it's more boredom/stress reduction, incompatible activities (taking a bath or a walk, talking with friends on the phone) can be good.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with late night snacking if you leave calories for it! Time you eat has no effect on weight loss; it's calories in vs. calories out!
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Have you tried drinking Green Tea. I have found it can really help curb cravings.
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    just look for the low cal snacks.....ex..
    100 calorie snack packs
    jello sugar free pudding (60 cals)
    special k granola bars....90 cals
    yogurt yoplait delights mmm good
    carrots
    celery

I buy the Basking robbins sugar free hard candy cookies n' cream....tastes awesome...only 10 cals per piece...kind of takes the
    edge off of wanting something sweet
  • hlodwig
    hlodwig Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm horribly guilty of this, too! For a start I think about the workout I'll have to put in the next morning to compensate for this (that usually deters me abit), and sometimes I eat things that make me really full really quickly (like eggs).