Free eBooks???

Options
ljb82
ljb82 Posts: 72 Member
So I got a eReader for Christmas (Sony- love it!!) however i'm finding it hard to find free book downloads that were written after 1950 lol. Why are are the "classics" free and newer releases costs through sites like Amazon?
I'm new to this whole EReader thing so if anyone knows any good sites, please share.
Thanks! :)

Replies

• dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Check out Project Gutenberg. also amazon has TONS of free books and not all of them are "classics." Although I did score 2 free e-books by Victor Hugo (author of Les Meserables) from them the other night. Also doing a google search for "free e-books" returns tons of sites. I have yet to dig through them all myself so outside of the 2 I mentioned I don't know how great some of the other sites are.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My public library lets you 'borrow' e-books for Kindle for 14 days. You can't renew it, you would have to check it out again if its available, and after the 14 days it blocks you from reading it.
    AND ITS ALL FREE !!!!
    I get 1-2 books a week for my dad, and its stuff like James Patterson, Clive Cussler, Dan Brown, etc.