How to find time???

Options
Hi :smile:
I found this site a little while back and really like it so far. For once I am actually able to keep track on what I am eating... and actually eat healthier ( for the most part :blushing: ).
Now to my real problem ...
I get up fairly early, take care of the puppies, eat breakfast and get ready for work. I start my job at 7:30 am and take my lunch at different times. Sometimes at 12:00, sometimes not till 2:00 pm. I have a 2 hr lunch break, where I rush home, again take care of the puppies, fix myself a meal ( either heat up something from the previous night or cook somethng new). I try to make my lunch meal the heaviest meal of the day. Than I clean house a little bit ( well, clean up the dirty dishes, maybe start a load of laundry... ) and than its already time to go back to work till 5:30 pm ... if I get out in time. Now I get to go shopping if needed or home. Either way, there are dogs and cats to take care off, as well as a needy hubby. Again I cook and clean and eat and by the time I get all done I am sooo bummed out, I just wanna sit down, put my feet up for 5 minutes and go to bed:ohwell:
Somedays I feel good enough to run a bit on our treadmill or ride the recumbent bike ... but for the most part I am soo exhausted, I just don't feel like it. :ohwell:

Does anyone has any ideas on how I can get a bit more motivated and do a bit more exercise than what I am doing? So far I have lost 2 pounds ... but I feel stuck right there :indifferent: :grumble:

Any input be greatly appreciated!!!!:smile:

Replies

• Mausie
    Mausie Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi :smile:
    I found this site a little while back and really like it so far. For once I am actually able to keep track on what I am eating... and actually eat healthier ( for the most part :blushing: ).
    Now to my real problem ...
    I get up fairly early, take care of the puppies, eat breakfast and get ready for work. I start my job at 7:30 am and take my lunch at different times. Sometimes at 12:00, sometimes not till 2:00 pm. I have a 2 hr lunch break, where I rush home, again take care of the puppies, fix myself a meal ( either heat up something from the previous night or cook somethng new). I try to make my lunch meal the heaviest meal of the day. Than I clean house a little bit ( well, clean up the dirty dishes, maybe start a load of laundry... ) and than its already time to go back to work till 5:30 pm ... if I get out in time. Now I get to go shopping if needed or home. Either way, there are dogs and cats to take care off, as well as a needy hubby. Again I cook and clean and eat and by the time I get all done I am sooo bummed out, I just wanna sit down, put my feet up for 5 minutes and go to bed:ohwell:
    Somedays I feel good enough to run a bit on our treadmill or ride the recumbent bike ... but for the most part I am soo exhausted, I just don't feel like it. :ohwell:

Does anyone has any ideas on how I can get a bit more motivated and do a bit more exercise than what I am doing? So far I have lost 2 pounds ... but I feel stuck right there :indifferent: :grumble:

Any input be greatly appreciated!!!!:smile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What kind of puppies? Oh yes, well how about trying like interval or circuit training that can be done in 30 min. There are some good circuits to do online or in mags. Same with Interval. Hang in there, exercise is not my downfall, it's my food. Although, I have been good this week. Just remember, the more you do, the more you get to eat.:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    You are a busy lady, for sure.
    But you need to make time for yourself.
    Why is your needy husband more important than you?
    He's not. He's an adult. He can handle himself for 30 or 45 minutes while you go off to workout, bettering yourself and having a little WELL DESERVED 'me time'.
    Don't discount yourself. You DESERVE time to work out at least a few times a week if not every day.
    Make the time. I have to force myself to make it as well.
    Value yourself.
    Workout.
    You -- your body and your mind and your soul -- deserve it.
    :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I ask myself daily...after 11 years of whining about being tubby...

Am I burning more calories talking about weight loss or doing something about it?

No seriously...I used more calories talking about weight loss...from the couch for a looooooooong time. You can do it girlie!

(You sound kind of busy though...are you maybe not eating enough of need to bump up to some sort of vitamin?)
  • Mausie
    Mausie Posts: 38
    Options
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their input =) I really appreciate it!
    Hotmomov4, I have a Rat Terrier and a Pure Blooded Mix ( alsdo known as Heinz 57 :tongue: )
    About trying interval or circuit training ... I guess I am not very familiar with that. But 30 minutes sounds doable =) Thank you!
    Lauryn1981, Thank you! Not sure why, but I guess you kinda hit the nail on the head. I tend to forget about myself, trying to please everyone else. Thank you for the straight forward reminder, that I too exsist! =)
    PrincessLaundry, Thank you for the esteme booster! Surely can never have enough of that! About the eating ... I try to eat healthy, including fresh ( sometimes frozen) fruits and vegetables ... of course for someone totally clueless as the recommended / required amounts of vitamins and whatever else is hiding in our foods ... who knows if I get what I need .... but I do try to stick to my calories ... and usually get them pretty close

Thank you again everyone!

:happy:
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new here too, but have been exercising for most of my adult life. I wonder if there are any things in your life that can be consolidated. I decided at one point that instead of trying to walk my dog somewhere in my schedule I would just take her with me on my runs. It's sometimes a little pain to have her tugging when I run but it's better than not getting my run at all. Also, I understand the burn-out feeling at the end of the day. I absolutely have to do my cardio in the morning or it just won't get done. Then I will actually do some strength exercises while in front of the TV at night. In fact I kind of "reward myself" with the TV after I've finished a set.

One other thing, any chance you can delegate a little to the hubby? It'd be a great way for him to show support. And, of course, he gets a happier, healthier wife out of it. :wink:
  • ginaoakes
    ginaoakes Posts: 84
    Options
    Your day sound really busy. You said you have a 2 hr lunch break ? Maybe you could walk for part of your lunch break when it is earlier in the day and you have more energy.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    40439.png

Wow Gina, you look AMAZING!!

Okay Mausie, how is day 1 of trying to make more time for YOU going? :smile:
  • ginaoakes
    ginaoakes Posts: 84
    Options
    Right back at YOU . . LAURYN !! Your transformation is outstanding. It is an amazing place to be isn't it ?