Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

Options
Hello community!

Yeah well, I've fallen off of my diet and I'm having a rather hard time getting back...

It's been getting depressing now. Maybe I should give a quick profile..

I'm 4'11" and 149 lbs.
My highest was at 163 when I was around 18 and from then till now I've lost and gained 20lbs. My goal weight is somewhere between 130 and 125. Last year I found MFP and it was like a godsend.. And the community! Oh my! All those success stories inspired me and really made me feel like i could do something!

But now I feel unmotivated..

I just need someone to kick my *kitten* or something! I finally got down to 140 around October ...but now I'm back up 9 lbs! That is a lot on a short girl..

I hate getting to that 140 plateau and always crashing.
What do I do??

Please help...

Love,
Nakita.

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Nakita,

You just need to dig down deep. Its hard to stay on the weight loss wagon, but it is soo worth it in the long run. Sometimes you just need some extra words of encouragement. I have my hubby in it with me "partcially" so its not been too bad so far.. ;)
  • kellywaller1
    Options
    Keep working on it!! Just think summer is around the corner and your going to want to wear a bikini or shorts and you want to look good in them!!!!
  • CaitlinFrost
    Options
    Remember how excited you were when you stepped on the scales to realized you had lost weight?! That is such a big motivation in itself!

Do you weigh in daily, weekly or..yeah?

You have to remember what your major goals are!
    maybe try and rewards for each certain time weight is lost?
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Try shaking something up. A different workout routine, a healthy food you've never tried before, even a different breakfast cereal. Anything to keep things fresh and remind you that this is an ongoing process. Good luck!
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    THe motivation comes from within...the greatest challenge in losing weight, is the mental breakthrough.

I have a moto....CHOOSE. ACT. ACHIEVE.

Choose to become healthier
    Act upon that choice with determination.
    You Achieve by doing so.

From here, all I can say is this...IF YOU WANT IT, GET IT. Stop wallowing in self pity. Suck it up and Drive on! I'm Blunt honest here...not to be mean, but YOU have to make the choices to succeed.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hello Nakita,

As a first step, I suggest that you try and change the way you are thinking about the whole process. What has helped me is to think of my weight loss as a lifestyle change. I used to start and drop "diets" all the time. Sometimes I even gained more weight while dieting.

The success I had to date while using MFP is partly due to my resolving to change my lifestyle. This is not a diet with a start and finish point. It is a new way of living that I had to do to get and stay healthy.

I still have work to do to get to my goal weight. But once I achieve this initial goal. The hard work will start, the maintenance of my healthy weight and exercise schedule.

Best of luck sorting it out in a way that helps you achieve your goals.
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    Options
    THe motivation comes from within...the greatest challenge in losing weight, is the mental breakthrough.

I have a moto....CHOOSE. ACT. ACHIEVE.

Choose to become healthier
    Act upon that choice with determination.
    You Achieve by doing so.

From here, all I can say is this...IF YOU WANT IT, GET IT. Stop wallowing in self pity. Suck it up and Drive on! I'm Blunt honest here...not to be mean, but YOU have to make the choices to succeed.

I so needed to read that. Thanks.