Exercise for music lovers.

Options
This might come in handy for anyone that exercises at home and loves music. My main means of exercise consists of jogging in place on a mini trampoline. I bought it at Wal-Mart for $35 and it has a step and calorie counter on it. I don't take the burned calories as gospel but I figure it's a good ballpark figure. Anyway, I have been noticing how it seems to take forever to just get my normal goal of 3000 steps\420 calories and I totally dread even getting on it. It only takes about 25 minutes to get to the goal but it seems to drag on for eternity even with music playing. Then I got the idea to start getting concert DVD's of my favorite bands from Netflix and watching them while jogging. WOW was it an amazing change. Granted I'm a metal head and the music makes me feel like jumping around anyway but I wound up pulling double my goal watching Korn in concert. I'd imagine this would probably work for about any genre of music. It's probably just because I wasn't realizing what I was doing and was focusing on what I was seeing while jogging but it was miraculous to me. I would catch myself jogging in time to the beat a lot. I didn't see any point in trying to keep just one steady rythm going since I don't care so much about the time but more about the distance. I still did the 6000 steps in under an hour and still had energy to go. I figured that maybe this will help someone exercise easier without having to dread it. I look forward to watching a concert and exercising now. :smile:

Replies

• maepis
    maepis Posts: 51
    Options
    This might come in handy for anyone that exercises at home and loves music. My main means of exercise consists of jogging in place on a mini trampoline. I bought it at Wal-Mart for $35 and it has a step and calorie counter on it. I don't take the burned calories as gospel but I figure it's a good ballpark figure. Anyway, I have been noticing how it seems to take forever to just get my normal goal of 3000 steps\420 calories and I totally dread even getting on it. It only takes about 25 minutes to get to the goal but it seems to drag on for eternity even with music playing. Then I got the idea to start getting concert DVD's of my favorite bands from Netflix and watching them while jogging. WOW was it an amazing change. Granted I'm a metal head and the music makes me feel like jumping around anyway but I wound up pulling double my goal watching Korn in concert. I'd imagine this would probably work for about any genre of music. It's probably just because I wasn't realizing what I was doing and was focusing on what I was seeing while jogging but it was miraculous to me. I would catch myself jogging in time to the beat a lot. I didn't see any point in trying to keep just one steady rythm going since I don't care so much about the time but more about the distance. I still did the 6000 steps in under an hour and still had energy to go. I figured that maybe this will help someone exercise easier without having to dread it. I look forward to watching a concert and exercising now. :smile:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :smile: This seems like an excellent form of exercise! I love the idea! Creative, sounds like fun! And I can do it at home and not have to go anywhere to do it!:smile:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I seriousy can't run without my ipod! It's a little sad haha It makes a huge difference though! That trampoline thing sounds fun though!

~Leash
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You have stumbled onto something. I also jog on my trampoline in front of the computer. I think I jogged to Braveheart last time.:laugh:

Hubby has all kinds of movies saved on here.
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Excellent ideas! I love my upbeat music but sometimes I just like something a little different depending on my mood that day.:laugh. I do cardio 45-60 mins 3 times a week and I found a great trick-listening to comedy! Sure you look like a goofball at your gym when you break out laughing but I swear the time just flies by!!! Depending what your sense of humour, there are all sorts of good ones to download off iTunes. Dane Cook, Ellen, Robin Williams. :laugh: