under the wagon

Options
I had a bad day yesterday and I am feeling pretty lame today. I don't even know where to begin counting my calories.

I would have been fine, but I didn't feel so good in the morning so I didn't make it to the gym. My friends have been pressuring me to not be so "psycho" about what I eat, and later that day they challenged me to have fish and chips. That was on top of a fairly heavy lunch (which I accounted for, but was intending to have a light supper). So I succumbed, ate the greasy and who-knows-how-many-cals-this-is food, and when all was said and done, my stomach hurts and I feel like a bathed in fat. I was feeling sorry for myself, so I ate cookies and jam last night... lots of cookies and jam.

I have thrown myself under the wagon; could you help me at lease get out from underneath it?
:sick: :brokenheart: :frown: :sad: :cry:

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I had a bad day yesterday and I am feeling pretty lame today. I don't even know where to begin counting my calories.

I would have been fine, but I didn't feel so good in the morning so I didn't make it to the gym. My friends have been pressuring me to not be so "psycho" about what I eat, and later that day they challenged me to have fish and chips. That was on top of a fairly heavy lunch (which I accounted for, but was intending to have a light supper). So I succumbed, ate the greasy and who-knows-how-many-cals-this-is food, and when all was said and done, my stomach hurts and I feel like a bathed in fat. I was feeling sorry for myself, so I ate cookies and jam last night... lots of cookies and jam.

I have thrown myself under the wagon; could you help me at lease get out from underneath it?
    :sick: :brokenheart: :frown: :sad: :cry:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I can't help you get out but I can keep you company :laugh:

Fried chicken in OIL, mashed potatoes with BUTTER and CREAM, Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake LARGE Slice.

We all have days like that and you know what we always will have a day we just fall of the healthy eating wagon. Don't dwell on it, roll out from undernath and start again. Healthy eating is hard at times and with friends like yours (I have several of those) it's even harder some days.

Don't be so hard on yourself but learn from what happen. We can roll out together because last night was last night and today is new day filled with veggies, fruits, low fat cheese and low carb this and that.

We all good through it especially when we don't feel well. Leave yesterday behind and work on today.
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm with the both of you. I was doing so well, then I hurt my knee and couldn't exercise and sorta lost momentum- next thing I know I had a one-night stand with the whole bakery.
    Ouch. Tomorrow is a new day so I will try to remember all the progress I've made and how good I feel when I am doing the right things.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I'm with the both of you. I was doing so well, then I hurt my knee and couldn't exercise and sorta lost momentum- next thing I know I had a one-night stand with the whole bakery.
    Ouch. Tomorrow is a new day so I will try to remember all the progress I've made and how good I feel when I am doing the right things.

smiley-laughing001.gif one night stand with bakery smiley-laughing021.gif

smiley-laughing025.gif
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You've already lost 28# so you know how to do this! Pull yourself up & start fresh today! We all have days that make us want to give up, but in the grand scheme of things, one day isn't going to make or break you. Keep moving forward, make good decisions & tell your friends to shut the junk up if they wan to peer pressure you into food.

And try not to have a one night stand with a bakery. :laugh: That was hilarious, clairegl!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Start afresh today, we all hit the bump in the road, fall flat on our faces and then get run over by that blasted wagon. Don't let it defeat you, one day is not the rest of your life. :flowerforyou:

I fell off the wagon for a week or so not that long ago, that wagon just kept reversing up and running me over again :grumble:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Your friends don't sound too supportive. Let them know how important this is to you and hopefully they won't challenge you to eat high fat foods
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! Only 4lbs to go before you meet your goal, that is fantastic! :flowerforyou:

Do not beat yourself up because in reality you can't expect to eat clean for the rest of your life. Life happens, we are put in situations that may give us no other option to eat something "bad". But that's okay. We have to be able to learn to eat these things in moderation without it affecting our whole day, whole week or even a whole month.
    It's a struggle for most of us and I truly believe that one day it will click and we will learn that we can live and love life without being ruled by food.

All the best! :flowerforyou:
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

oh yes, i had multiple one night stands... one with each cookie :cry:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day!! Forget yesterday and move on!!:flowerforyou: I, too, got run over by the wagon yesterday but paid the price- Was very full and slept terribly. I look forward to my healthy foods today and extra exercise to shove me back on the wagon!:laugh:

You've lost 28 pounds! You're doing something right!!!:happy: Those "friends", however.....:grumble:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    My friends have been pressuring me to not be so "psycho" about what I eat, and later that day they challenged me to have fish and chips.

If I were you, I would let my friends know that they can keep their comments to themselves. :smokin:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    You are so close to your goal! Congratulations!

Yesterday was yesterday. Today get back to your eating healthy and exercise. You are making great progress. Could your friends be alittle jealous?
    I hope you have a great day today as you continue on your journey to a healthier new you:flowerforyou:
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You are all great. I feel a lot better.

:smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: What I like about MFP is that everyone is supportive. The people "out there" aren't always like that. My challenge is my line dance friends who go out for fish and chips after dancing. They say "When are you going to finish that diet and your no going out to eat rule?" This is a matter of life and death for me. My other rule is to not take food that is offered to me. I stick to my plan and put my life and my health first.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Good luck to you. If you take it one day at a time then you can take the bad day and call it valuable experience and do something different today.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Start afresh today, we all hit the bump in the road, fall flat on our faces and then get run over by that blasted wagon. Don't let it defeat you, one day is not the rest of your life. :flowerforyou:

I fell off the wagon for a week or so not that long ago, that wagon just kept reversing up and running me over again :grumble:

At least the wagon was close when you were ready to get back on!