Graduation in 8 weeks, can anyone help?

Options
Hello!

I'm about to graduate on May 9th. I had hoped to be far lighter by now than I am, but that's the past and as of today I'm starting afresh. I'm about 165lbs today. I'm not sure how much weight is realistic for me to lose over the next 8 weeks, as I'm doing quite a stressful course at uni at the moment, very busy with lots of late nights and early mornings. However it's important for me to look good at graduation.

So I ask you lovely MFPers:

1. Would anyone like to message me occasionally to help me keep tabs on this goal? (Feel free to tell me about your goals too!)

2. How much weight loss do you think is realistic to aim for in 8 weeks?

3. Can I expect any noticeable change in that timeframe?

4. Any advice for keeping on track when you're super busy and just a little run-down?

5. Anyone else got any graduation weight-loss success stories or tips?

Thank you so much in advance for any advice or comments! :flowerforyou:

P.S: you don't have to answer every question by the way. Anything's good.

Replies

• HealthyJess88
    HealthyJess88 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm about to graduate on May 9th. I had hoped to be far lighter by now than I am, but that's the past and as of today I'm starting afresh. I'm about 165lbs today. I'm not sure how much weight is realistic for me to lose over the next 8 weeks, as I'm doing quite a stressful course at uni at the moment, very busy with lots of late nights and early mornings. However it's important for me to look good at graduation.

So I ask you lovely MFPers:

1. Would anyone like to message me occasionally to help me keep tabs on this goal? (Feel free to tell me about your goals too!)

2. How much weight loss do you think is realistic to aim for in 8 weeks?

3. Can I expect any noticeable change in that timeframe?

4. Any advice for keeping on track when you're super busy and just a little run-down?

5. Anyone else got any graduation weight-loss success stories or tips?

Thank you so much in advance for any advice or comments! :flowerforyou:

P.S: you don't have to answer every question by the way. Anything's good.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Velocity Diet? It's 30 days of protein shakes, with one real meal/week. It is a tough diet, but the results are 15 lbs. in a month and then you have to phase back into eating whole foods. I did it for 2 days a week for 2 weeks and lost 5 lbs. You also have to reduce cardio which is nice :) and if you are really busy all the time, it is convenient and kind of freeing!

http://www.t-nation.com/programs/vdiet30/vDietProgram000.jsp

This website can give you some guidance, but let them fool you into thinking you need to buy all of the products to conquer this diet. If you choose to do it, remember you can do anything in 4 weeks.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    2. How much weight loss do you think is realistic to aim for in 8 weeks? A pound a week is advisable, but some people do 2 pounds. However, it doesn't sound like you have that much weight to lose relatively speaking, so 2 pounds may be a little drastic. I would say you could probably lose between 8-12 pounds by graduation.

3. Can I expect any noticeable change in that timeframe? The change won't be HUGE, but I felt a difference in how things fit after only 5 pounds, and certain areas may be noticeable, like I think my face has slimmed down a lot and that change can be very noticeable.

4. Any advice for keeping on track when you're super busy and just a little run-down? I would advise against any kind of "lose weight quick" or crash diet. They seldom have lasting results, can be bad for your body and especially with the stress you will be experiencing in the last few weeks, you don't want to do anything unhealthy that will zap your energy. I remember how crazy the last few weeks were before graduation....trying to get last minute assignments done, running to the computer lab when your own computer crashes, ugh. Keep lots of healthy snacks on you so when you're stuck in class or running from place to place, you'll have a healthy alternative to grabbing fast food on a break.

5. Anyone else got any graduation weight-loss success stories or tips? No weight loss stories, but just remember, EVERYTHING will be hidden under that graduation robe, so don't stress too much:bigsmile: and congrats!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I just sent you a friend request so I can comment on your wall and bug you constantly. :wink:

We are in very similar weight classes... I am sitting around 158lbs right now with a goal weight of 138lbs but have never dropped below 157lbs.

I think if you stick to the "plan" here RELIGIOUSLY for the next 8 weeks, you could easily drop at least 8lbs, maybe 10lbs. Log EVERYTHING, work out, no cheat days, drink that water!!

When is graduation? I'm trying to lose a pound a week by June 19th (my birthday). :smile: