Whats you calorie goal?

Options
How many calories are you trying to consume daily?

Are you following a specific diet plan?

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    no diet plan.

i'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons.

i am 5'2" around 127 lbs (now). I used to consume 2000-2200 cals a day to bulk up..i build muscle.

right now i am on a 'cut' so I have decreased my cals to around 1700.
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have no diet I follow, except, try to keep away from white stuff ( flour, sugar, rice, potatoes, bread..etc) and I am only having 1200 calories aday.... try to really eat healthy. Have trouble if I follow a diet... this way I just eat a balance per meal ( 400 calories each ). dont know if I'm doing it right...but my first week I lost 2 pounds.... excercised also..
  • melscrum
    Options
    I am about to start the 3-4-5 diet. 300 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch, 500 for dinner and 300 for snacks or to add to a meal if I'm feeling particularly hungry at a meal. 1500 calorie total. I'm also trying to do 60 minutes of exercise per day.
  • julz5150
    julz5150 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    thats great that you're losing, so you must be doing something right. My mother in-law also is anti "white stuff" lol.

I am trying to keep under 1000 calories (thats what my doctor has instructed me to do)

No real specific plan just low calories small portions and lots of water and exercise.
    I'm also taking the prescription medication phentermine to help.
  • B_Sandler22
    Options
    I am following the "my fitness pal" guide, this is the first time I have actually really tried to do this. Lost my first 8 lbs
  • tracymarie2012
    Options
    Wow, 1000... that might be tough... I dont know about the phentermine... what does that do...curb your appetite? My goal with the 1200 calories is always to come in under...feels like I'm cheating the system.... same with.... I dont log all my excercise I get...like some extra stuff I do when I'm working... ( sneak in workouts at work- lol ). Add me as your friend, like to know how you are making out. T
  • tracymarie2012
    Options
    3-4-5 Diet Thats sounds good... do you know if it makes much difference if you do your excercises ( for burning calories) after breakfast or after lunch..? I've heard before bed not good, but nothing else..... I try to spread it out in spits and spurts throughout the day....when I can.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    3-4-5 Diet Thats sounds good... do you know if it makes much difference if you do your excercises ( for burning calories) after breakfast or after lunch..? I've heard before bed not good, but nothing else..... I try to spread it out in spits and spurts throughout the day....when I can.

It doesn't really matter when you workout as long as you personally can put the effort in to get the most out of it. Some like morning, some like night. The only reason not to workout before bed is because it tends to wake people up and can cause insomnia.