Increased my cals need advice

Options
Hi everyone, after a month of hiatus from exercise and calorie counting I'm here to get back on the wagon. I've lost 20 lbs in the last 3 months Ive been on MFP by calorie counting and exercise and fortunately I was able to maintain it during the last month where I've stopped. I still have 15-20lbs to lose and now that I'm getting back on track I've actually upped my calories to 1400 and I usually eat back my exercise calories, I have an HRM and I usually burn 350 cals on average for a 30 minute workout. I increased my calories cause I constantly feel hungry at 1200cals. When I started MFP I used to eat about 1200 cals and only a few of my exercise cals and I've managed to lose 20 lbs I do have my occasional cheat days but besides that Im very strict with my intake. Now that I've increased my calories by 200 and I'm planning to eat back what I burn from working out as well. Will it slow down my weight loss or could it possibly jumpstart it? I started at 160lbs now I'm down to 140lbs. I know that the smaller you get the slower your weight loss will be. Any advice will help. Thanks!

Replies

• lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It may slow down, but that's not a bad thing. It means that you're doing it right!

Marathon, not sprint. I'm doing the same thing at the minute myself. Slightly peeved that you have to slow down to get there properly, but glad that I have the tools and the help of people to get there eventually :)
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I've done that back in November. First increased from 1200 to 1350, then 1350 to 1500. The weight loss slowed down but I feel it would have gone down anyway. I feel much better now with the extra wiggle room and I regret nothing.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I haven't upped my calories -still 1200- but I am now trying to eat at least half of my exercise calories which adds between 150 to 300 a day. We'll see how it goes. I'm a bit nervouse but I haven't been feeling well and all indications are its due to not eating enough.