Vicious circle!!!

Options
I love food..

My theory is if I burn the calories during exercise, I can eat more.

The problem is that the more exercise I do, the more hungry I am, the more I eat, the more I have to exercise etc.

Should I cut back on food & exercise all together? Or keep eating & running like mad? lol

Replies

• hmrsw33ti3
    Options
    I'm definitely no expert, but from research and experience...cut out the carbs and eat more protein. Protein tends to fill you up more. I personally don't try to eat more knowing I worked out, i still try to stick to my calorie goal. Which is one of the reasons why I don't log my exercise for the day, that way there is no temptations! :) hope this helps
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The thing is, I don't try to eat more because I have exercised, I'm just building up a huge appetite... As soon as I finish a run my stomach is growling at me and I head straight to the fridge!

But I agree, I'm thinking I might try and get some protein shakes in just to keep me full for longer!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    What happens if you run less? Forget the cardio and just do some weights?
  • marylou72
    Options
    I went walking last night after a huge dinner of pork chops, veg and spuds and shouldn't have been hungry but could have ate a horse again then so i ended up having a few snacks. :0
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein and a few carbs before you exercise and some protein after. It helps me keep the hungry monster away!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cut back on running. Running is a good thing. What exactly are you eating after you run? You should eat something with a 3:1 carb/protein ratio to help replenish your body. Generally chocolate milk is a good source of that. Also, you should plan out your day. If you figure that you will be hungry after you run, figure out what you want to eat after your run.

I don't know how much protein you consume a day, but don't overdo it and don't cut back too much on your carbs. I find that if I eat too few carbs during the day, my run the next day suffers.
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    @hmrsw33ti3- that's a really good idea actually, thanks!