Losing Strength??

Options
I'm currently beginning the 3rd and final month of P90x. On alternate days, I'm doing 20-25 mins. of HIIT, rather than the P90x cardio. I've been trying to really focus on the weight work and increase the weights I've been using, but I seem to be hitting a point where not only can I not increase, but I'm having to decrease for some of the exercises. I feel like I'm losing strength - on the "few" exercises where I've worked up to 20 lbs., I've had to decrease to 15 and decrease on the ones where I've been using 15 to 10s. My aim is 8-10 with good form. As far as my info, I'm 5'5", weigh 132 lbs. and have set my calories to 2000 daily (usually net in the 1900's). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I lose strength if I don't eat enough or if I don't rest enough....remember is eating and resting that your muscles grow, they tear down when we work out. So make sure that you are eating enough protein to build muscle, carbs for energy and rest so that you muscles can repair themselves.
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to eat more.
  • Meggles63
    Options
    Right now, I'm at 150g protein, 67 fat, and 200 carb and 2000 cals. Would you suggest upping cals by a couple hundred for a week or two and seeing where I'm at?? Thanks!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I think you should eat you MFP calories plus the number that you burn exercising. Do you use a HRM?
  • Meggles63
    Options
    Yes, I use the HRM for my cardio! Wondering if I should drop the HIIT and just focus on the weights...I'm pretty much happy at my current weight, just want to lose some bf and build muscle.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Try increasing the weight and focusing on lower repetitions - 5-8.