30 day shred depression

Options
Ugh.

While I'm enjoying the workout and feeling stronger I haven't lost any inches in 10 days. so many people are posting weight and inch losses and I feel, I dunno...left out, disheartened...

I don't have a lot of weight to lose so I'm wondering if that is why I'm not seeing a dramatic difference yet.

Anyone doing / have done this work out and found they didn't get results quickly? I need some encouragement...

Replies

• aqua_zumba_fan
    Options
    I did it and didn't lose much in inches or weight but I focused on the feeling stronger :) I think when you have less to lose it definitely makes a difference so don't be disheartened. Focus on how good it makes you feel!
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost either, but I think that some of it must depend on your body shape beforehand. don't get disheartened. Just check at the end of the 30 days :) if you feel fitter then that must be doing something good :-)
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I only got 3.5 kilos left. But I can see my abs getting much stronger! Just focus on the great feeling and not so much on the scale, there are many other factors involved in that too.
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Give it time :)

You may not lose any or much weight, but by days 24 or 25 you'll notice a huge difference in your strength and shape :)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ugh.

While I'm enjoying the workout and feeling stronger I haven't lost any inches in 10 days. so many people are posting weight and inch losses and I feel, I dunno...left out, disheartened...

I don't have a lot of weight to lose so I'm wondering if that is why I'm not seeing a dramatic difference yet.

Anyone doing / have done this work out and found they didn't get results quickly? I need some encouragement...
    10 days?
    Forget all this short term result obsession.

That's a set up for getting discouraged. Think 10 weeks - not days.

You are doing GREAT!
  • mzjstef
    mzjstef Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I also don't have much weight to lose. I initially lost 2 lbs. but I'm back where I started at. This happens to me every single time I begin a workout routine! I've done the shred before though, and at the end you will be more defined, toned and stronger! In 9 days I can begin to see my abs again!! :) Hang in there...you'll feel so accomplished and strong on Day 30!
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Defo wait until you've finished. If you do it right, you should see some result (as previous posters have said, it depends on your shape before you start).
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I don't have much to lose either. I took measurements at the beginning and after 30 days. Because of the holidays and various events (and being new) I had only completed 2 levels at the end of 30 days. Also, I definitely ate more than 1200 calories per day. My personal goal is 1400 and I was quite lenient around Christmas! I think I lost about 2-3 lbs that month, though! At the end of those 30 days I had also lost 2.5 inches off my hips and 1/2-1 in a couple of other areas! (My thighs don't want to budge :).

So, hang in there! It's slower losing the closer we are to goal, but every pound and inch is really going to make a difference!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know 10 days is nothing, I'm just jealous of other peoples losses. Heh, green eyed monster and all that!

I've definitely noticed my legs feel more muscled, which is pretty amazing for 10 days.

thanks all.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any other exercise? The Shred is a great workout, but it's not a long workout or a major calorie burner (I burn about 200 calories a session).

I have seen some "before and after" Shred posts -- one in particular comes to mind -- that make me question whether the person posting is being truthful.

But, it's only been 10 days. Give it more time.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus on other people's success, remember that everyone is different and will lose differently. I have been struggling to shed my weight for the better part of two years and I am exactly where I was two years ago. So I know how frustrating it is to see those around you getting somewhere. What I do now is when I'm pushing myself through a workout, I fuel it with my frustration and I push harder.

Change will happen. Just stay consistent and keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 3, day 5 (I think), my endurance is better, and so is my strength. I've not lost (beyond the 2lbs I put on over Christmas!) but I have lost a number of inches, I've been measuring each week.
    I have been doing over exercise around it too, but it is my first introduction to doing (and sticking with) exercise dvd's!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I am with you:( I did the 30 day shred in December and lost no inches or weight. ALthough I did notice a great inprovement in my strength and stamina...so I'll take that! I was also hoping to see the results others did. But I am so glad I stuck it out right to the end! Hang in there!:wink:
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It helped me tone my body and strengthen my core. I lost about 7 pounds. You have to follow a good eating plan. Like Jillian Michaels says, 2 slices of pizza can wipe out the whole workout. Increase your water and start adding some walking or cycling to it every other day just to confuse your muscles. Stick with it, it really does work.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    see to me i don't want to go on those strict diets that they make for these kind of thing b/c it's not realistic. Most people won't be able to carry out a diet like that for life to stay in that shape. I know myself that if i did, i would set myself up to fail big time... why go strict to get results but can't hang onto it for a life time and gain it back.... so i try to do everything in moderation if i can and as healthy as i can at that current time and hopefully still get some results that i can hang onto for forever... I know i just completed the 30ds at the end of dec and i didn't see much results ( maybe b/c i didn't do her diet with it, who knows). I only lost 2 lbs and 1 inch off my hips, thighs and waist. I got those results within the 1st 2 weeks, so it pumped me to keep going but in the end i didn't see anything else....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    see to me i don't want to go on those strict diets that they make for these kind of thing b/c it's not realistic. Most people won't be able to carry out a diet like that for life to stay in that shape. I know myself that if i did, i would set myself up to fail big time... why go strict to get results but can't hang onto it for a life time and gain it back.... so i try to do everything in moderation if i can and as healthy as i can at that current time and hopefully still get some results that i can hang onto for forever... I know i just completed the 30ds at the end of dec and i didn't see much results ( maybe b/c i didn't do her diet with it, who knows). I only lost 2 lbs and 1 inch off my hips, thighs and waist. I got those results within the 1st 2 weeks, so it pumped me to keep going but in the end i didn't see anything else....

I have 30DS and there is no diet that goes along with it, unless you mean the one she sells through her website? They're not really connected.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I (personally) did not find the 30 Day Shred to be effective at all. I did a full cycle and nothing happened. I thought the weights were too light and the workout was too short. I know lots of people love Jillian and the Shred, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I had much better results with a more varied workout - hiking, Tabata drills, heavier lifting and occasional other stuff (biking, step aerobics, etc) thrown in.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

I have 30DS and there is no diet that goes along with it, unless you mean the one she sells through her website? They're not really connected.

She gives a free trial in her dvds for the website so they can be done together.

Don't worry about the 10 days just keep going =].
    The closer you are to goal it gets MUCH harder. Try lowering your weekly loss to a pound or half pound so you can eat more, that should help. <3
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    It takes 4 WEEKS for you to notice your body changing
    8 WEEKS for your friends and
    12 WEEKS for the rest of the world.
    Give it 12 WEEKS. Dont Quit.

10 Days isnt long enough, dont get discouraged - keep going...

from do-it.better.tumblr.com:
  • sankeycn
    sankeycn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I finished my day 10 of the shred yesterday. I weighed and measured myself this morning. Im down .4lbs and my inches are a wash (lost a tiny bit in my legs and gained a tiny bit in my arms). Definitely disappointing when you compare it other success stories. So im just gonna keep going and cross my fingers I have a :happy: bit more of a loss at the end of the 30 days.