Blood Sugar Question: Repost

Options
Hi there! Just a quick question...looking for some insight. I have type 2 diabetes, that is very well controlled. My A1C is around 5.0 at this time. Anyways, I'm getting back on the wagon, so to speak and trying to shed pounds, and I wanted to start listening to my body and eat when I started feeling hungry. However, I'm finding that my blood sugar is dropping before I feel hunger. Does anyone else experience this? Because my drops are so extreme and I'm caring for my two children, plus two extra children, I will not be trying this experiment again for a while (except maybe on a weekend). But, I was just curious as to if anyone else has an issue similar to this. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    You might not be able to wait until you feel hungry with DMII. Any type of "fasting" is not good for any DM. You need a steady stream of healthy foods. High protein takes a little longer to burn so it keeps our sugars at bay. Try 6 small meals a day focusing on pairing a protein with a good carb (non-complex) like a boiled egg and a clementine or peanut butter and a banana or cottage cheese and some pineapple. Small meals will keep your blood sugar at a even level instead of the highs and lows which is dangerous for your kidneys. Look up anything you can for DMII. Did you know it didn't even exist until the FDA introduced hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup into our food supply in 1911?? Yeah.....google and read "hydrogenated oils, the silent killer" - it is VERY interesting. Losing weight can cure DMII. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you're on insulin or medication, talk to your doctor. You might need a dosage adjustment. I used to get those drops constantly, at all hours of the day or night. Doctor reduced the dosage and I've had few low blood sugars since.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, snack .. to keep your sugar from dropping between meals.