Options
2»

Replies

• dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Great story, and just what I needed to hear today. I've recently started and I've been doing well but have a long way to go. I have found the joy of running and I'm training for a few races now. I have been under my calories pretty much every day and then I had one day that I was over and gained a bunch of weight back. It has to be because I wasn't eating enough.

So were you more concerned with your NET calories to Total calories? I know I get "extra" calories from working out but I have been trying to keep my TOTAL calories at my original daily allowance. Is that ok or should I deffinately make sure I eat those calories too?

Thanks and Great Job! I real inspiration!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I def needed to read this today!! Keep up the good work!
  • mbrain1087
    Options
    Same here. I just started this program and exercising. I feel great exercising, but terrible and afraid to eat. Id like to think I eat healthy and I do try my best, but its the little things that sneak up on you (beer). MFP has me at 1400 cals a day...but I burn about 600 so I actually have to eat 2000 a day to be where the program puts me. If i dont eat more than that, I stall out. The body needs energy, 800 calories a day isnt energy. WTG and congrats! 40lbs is my goal and I cant wait for my clothes to not fit
  • eatrunstretch
    eatrunstretch Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing! Am going to look into this because I am in that exact situation and it is so frustrating!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Not wanting to give up MFP I kept entering my food faithfully and the cals worked out to almost dead on 2000 per day.

Less than a week later - 199.2

I KNOW it seems counter intuitive to think I can eat more and lose weight. I know you think if I eat less and work harder I can lose more. The simple fact is, you can't. I tried! Trust me, I tried. To say I failed would be an understatement. You've GOT to eat all your cals. I've even stopped congradulating people for being under their cals for the day. Everyone seems so focused on that and IMHO thats not the goal. Eat ALL your cals. Thats what the program is designed for. It WILL work and you can't lose weight faster by starving yourself.

Even if you're sitting there thinking, "but I'm not hungry and I only eat 1200 cals". Try it. I was on 1400 and thinking I'm not hungry. Now I'm around 2000 and I'm hungry almost constantly.

I've also shut down the cardio to 25 mins per day. Which is less than half of what I was doing. You CAN over train. Especially if you don't eat enough. Running is great for stripping but the down side is, it strips everything, including muscle if you over do it. Kenya builds great runners but none of them look like Bradley Cooper. You need muscle.

There have been posts like this before. I read some. Ya think I listened? Ha ha ha, No. Don't be a fool, like me. Avoid 2 months of zero results and just eat your cals.

Good luck people. Oh ... and drink your damn water too! :wink:

so you ate more and exercised less and lost weight? Geez, I've been doing that for 10+ yrs and it hasn't been helping ;-)
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Not wanting to give up MFP I kept entering my food faithfully and the cals worked out to almost dead on 2000 per day.

Less than a week later - 199.2

I KNOW it seems counter intuitive to think I can eat more and lose weight. I know you think if I eat less and work harder I can lose more. The simple fact is, you can't. I tried! Trust me, I tried. To say I failed would be an understatement. You've GOT to eat all your cals. I've even stopped congradulating people for being under their cals for the day. Everyone seems so focused on that and IMHO thats not the goal. Eat ALL your cals. Thats what the program is designed for. It WILL work and you can't lose weight faster by starving yourself.

Even if you're sitting there thinking, "but I'm not hungry and I only eat 1200 cals". Try it. I was on 1400 and thinking I'm not hungry. Now I'm around 2000 and I'm hungry almost constantly.

I've also shut down the cardio to 25 mins per day. Which is less than half of what I was doing. You CAN over train. Especially if you don't eat enough. Running is great for stripping but the down side is, it strips everything, including muscle if you over do it. Kenya builds great runners but none of them look like Bradley Cooper. You need muscle.

There have been posts like this before. I read some. Ya think I listened? Ha ha ha, No. Don't be a fool, like me. Avoid 2 months of zero results and just eat your cals.

Good luck people. Oh ... and drink your damn water too! :wink:

so you ate more and exercised less and lost weight? Geez, I've been doing that for 10+ yrs and it hasn't been helping ;-)

Yup! Thats what I'm sayin'. You can over train and under nourish.
  • luvinmytwins
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I belong to a mother's of multiples group with some of the members on here. I have told them before they need to eat. I look at some of their food diaries and wonder how they even make it through the day. I am hoping they are like me when I started logging and just not entering every meal.

I do have a lot of consumed calories every day. This makes me want to go back and look at how many calories I would be eating if it wasn't for the junk I eat. I may not be doing as well as I think I am. :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!