calorie control

Options
I've always loved breads...especially sourdough and Italian...I crave these more than junk food. How can I find a lower calorie way to satisfy my bread cravings?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    eat less of it.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    eat less of it.

Yup. It is all about portion control. I love bread. LOVE IT. I even bake my own. However, I have to keep my bread love in check and I try to stay away from the junky, all white flour breads.
  • mczwright
    Options
    Thank you!
  • jashmead
    Options
    i get light white bread for sandwiches etc. the kind i get i can eat two slices for the amount of one slice of regular white bread.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I would rather eat an open faced sandwich on good bread than a regular 2-slice sandwich on "diet bread"
  • lmbuchhop
    lmbuchhop Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE bread. I buy Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat.
  • jashmead
    Options
    i dont consider the light bread diet bread, but i understand what your saying
  • Natty0506
    Natty0506 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot less of it. Unfortunately, that's really the only way to keep your calories in check. I have bread maybe once a week, if that.
  • meltygarden
    meltygarden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i like the open-faced sandwich idea. also, eating "fluffier" breads with more air spaces means less calories. but if you're like my husband and hearty, dense breads are one of your biggest loves, how about eating the breads by themselves, so you can totally focus on and enjoy your portion, rather than topping it with stuff that then masks the bread itself, requiring more of it to get your fix?