New and wondering about how often to weigh

Options
jyow01
jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
I am new to this and wanted to know how often do you weigh. I do not want to weigh every day just because of weight fluctuations. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• rachelgoutos
    Options
    I would say once a week, but to do so around the same time each week.
  • n8vchick77
    n8vchick77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I never weigh myself every day, I find it disturbs me too much lol. I aim to do it once a week and chose Monday to be my weigh in day....although sometimes I want to hop on the scale mid-week when I feel like I'm a having a "skinny" day.
  • gingercookie94
    Options
    Yeah i'd stick to once a week or you'll drive yourself crazy yano?
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    As often as you can deal with mentally.... I weigh every day, because a bad weigh in is not a big deal to me.... but if its going to ruin you, then weigh in once a week or once a month.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Errday.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once every 2 weeks, and sometimes I go longer. I try to go more by how I feel and how my clothes are fitting
  • Tmvirgo
    Tmvirgo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think twice a week, a few days apart, works for me. Definitely the same time on each day and naked is best read. I think morning works because you haven't eaten anything, which can totally throw it off some days. Good luck! I think you'll find results fast with MFP...my husband and I did. It really works to be held accountable for all that you eat...helps you to think before you eat!

Good luck and have a great day!:smile:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    If you can handle it you can do it everyday and learn your bodies fluctuations, and how your body handles certain foods. If like a lot of people you know this will drive you completely insane onces a weeks i sufficient, some people only do it once a month or so. It really is personal preferece.
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    No more than once a week.
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I try to go more by how I feel and how my clothes are fitting

I agree that clothing fit is a good gauge - it's indicative of inches lost, which is more tangible than body fat % lost or pounds lost (which could be muscle or fat or both).

I try to do once a week (and resist the temptation to weigh more often). This keeps me from being too crazy.
  • celeste_xo
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, just because I find it easier to keep track of the trend of my weight... I can determine which foods make me more bloaty, etc. Plus I have an app on my phone called Libra (which is AWESOME, if you have an Android or iPhone I highly recommend it). The app takes your weights that you input and creates a trend for you, so even if you're having a heavy day you can see that overall your trend is still going down and whatnot. I've found it to be really helpful with keeping me motivated and on track :)
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I usually do every Monday- due to the fact I was out of town this Monday I did it today when I got back but usually Monday AM for me. I say once a week or bi weekly. :flowerforyou:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am new to this and wanted to know how often do you weigh. I do not want to weigh every day just because of weight fluctuations. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I weigh in daily in the morning early after a good poo but before breakfast.
    I also track body fat weekly for free here:
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

It's good to track weight trends leveled against a definitive body fat analysis.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym and weight in, once a month with measurements. I refuse to be a slave to the scale. BUT, everyone is different. Once a week is good :)
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost every morning, but I only track it on MFP if I've maintained that weight for at least a week. I don't stress about it unless I really see it start climbing because I know it's going to fluctuate a little throughout the month.
  • khancock387
    Options
    I would weight yourself Monday morning before you get in the shower. Make sure you don't have any clothes on so you know exaclty what you weight. Measure youself too, but I'd say once a month. The result are more encouraging that way! Good luck!
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Once a week, same day, same time.
  • Muneca2899
    Options
    I weigh in weekly on Wed. mornings that is my official weigh in day BUT I do weigh in on Sat. mornings mid week for me just to see but I don't record it. You weigh in as much as you like but always know that weight fluctuates throughout the day so what you weighed this am is not the same number you will see in the afternoon.

Good luck.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Once a week or everyother week, I have issues with wanting to weigh everyday so I hide my scale. I also suggest measureing once a week sometimes that can be far more encouraging :) You will do great on your journey
  • jolielouise
    jolielouise Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week as I think it's a good time-scale to see actual weight loss and not just natural fluctuations.