Gain 5 lbs in one day? Seriously?

Options
13»

Replies

• Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I just posted about this on my profile. I've been working my *kitten* off (yes,attempting to literally do so) and I have gone up 5lbs. Maybe we're eating the same wrong things -- tooooo much sodium. Let's both drink a junk load of water and see if we can flush it out before we quit. Because I'm a total quitter and I don't wanna be! :)

Dont Quit you deserve more!!! If i can keep at it and not lose but three pounds since Aug so can you.. Good idea more water lol wishing you luck!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    This is why I end up going off track. So I get on the scale this morning, and I am UP 5 lbs from Sunday. I have been under my calorie goal every day for the last 11 days. I could just cry.

If you just started then it is normal. It is a shock to the body and the body is trying to protect itself (the body see calorie restriction and sudden strenuous exercise as stress and treats it as such).

You have not built muscle. This is almost impossible for a woman to do - heck it's a task for a man to put on five pounds of muscle. We lack the necessary testosterone levels to do this. If anything you will lose muscle along with fat as you restrict your calories and do tons of exercise - especially cardio.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You did not eat over 17,000 extra calories since Sunday.

It's water weight.

Give it a couple of days, it will go away.
  • BluenoserChick
    BluenoserChick Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the replies -- I drink 8-10 glasses of water per day, and I weigh same time, every morning, after elimination, no clothes. So I will also track my sodium intake. That's a great idea. It could be PMS, but my cycles are not regular, so I never know. I love the feedback about the food diary -- I hadn't thought about the processed foods because I have removed SO MUCH crap from my diet that I thought I was doing better.

I really appreciate having this forum available for immediate and constructive feedback. Thanks again.