How have your workouts progressed?

Options
For me, 11 months ago when I decided to live a healthy lifestyle my workouts consisted of 30-60mins of playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Then after a month or so I got Jullian Michaels 30DS, after a few weeks I felt like I needed something more so I purchased an elliptical. Same thing, after a month or so I felt like something was missing so I began running. Byt this point I had lost all the weight I wanted, I was smaller, and happier and healthier. It was summer, so all 3 of my kids were at home all day bored so we got a gym membership, and 5 days a week we went to the gym and the kids loved the child center. After a couple months of cardio and light strength training I bought a fantastic book New Rules of Lifting for Women, nixed the cardio and focused on lifting heavy for a few months and saw the best changes in my body composition, I did not lose any weight, but muscles were all the sudden popping out all over the place. I would follow a total body workout for a month or 2, then change it splits, and then rotate back. The last 6weeks or so, I have lost my momentum, lost my motivation, got bored with what I was doing, so started just going in half *kitten*, felt like something was missing, I was ready for the next level, ready to ditch my expensive gym and become truly fit.
A Krav Maga center opened right near my house, I decided to check it out, it is a serious self defense class, similar to jui-jjitsu or another fighting sport, they also offered an xtreme fitness class with heavy bags and kettlebells, and they offer crossfit as well. I was super intimidated by crossfit, and decided to sign up for the Xtreme fitness class, my first night I came home with bruised elbows and bloody knuckles and I felt so proud and awesome! The next time I tried to go to class was the week before Christmas and I wasnt aware that the instructors were taking the week off so I showed up and nobody was there, except the crossfitters. I wandered down to ask when the Xtreme classes were starting back up and the coach/instructor told me to stay for her class, so I did, and I FELL IN LOVE!! It was an amazing total body workout, and she is an incredible instructor and the other people there were in insane shape! They have workouts and modifications for every fitness level, and it is a great class for a beginner or a more advanced person. She let me come free for the rest of the week, and I switched my membership over to Crossfit! (each section costs and its not in our budget for me to do the Xtreme class and crossfit, so there really was no doubt in my mind Crossfit is the one for me) and we can always buy a heavy bad for here at the house so I can bloody up my knuckles in the comfort of my own garage.:tongue:

I am sore in areas I never knew I had muscles, I am being pushed wayyyyyy further than I ever would have pushed myself in my gym. I have been 5 times so far and I have not done the same move twice yet, with the exception of some of the ab moves, I am paying a lot less, and getting a better workout, and driving 5 mins down the street, as opposed to my more expensive gym that was a half an hour away. I feel like I have my own personal trainer. This is exactly what I needed, and my body is loving every minute of it!! I can not wait to see the difference a year of crossfitting makes, I dont have any weight to lose, just strength to gain and I cant wait start breaking records.

Who else out there has started out with something small, and progressed to something a million times more challenging?
Also, I hope this will serve as inspiration to anybody who is just starting out, and only comfortable doing something small like playing the wii, or walking every evening. Fitness is contageous!!
I have never been an athletic person, until now. And I love living this lifestyle!:drinker:

Replies

• HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    YOU are a true inspiration! you have come a long way and your body shows it! you are bangin girl. keep it up so i can stalk your pictures ;) hiiiiiiiiiiiiii yaaaaaaa sport25.gif
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    YOU are a true inspiration! you have come a long way and your body shows it! you are bangin girl. keep it up so i can stalk your pictures ;) hiiiiiiiiiiiiii yaaaaaaa sport25.gif

I totally agree with Holly.

I still have weight to lose. I have friends that do Crossfit and hear great things about it all the time. Right now I don't have the money and the time to do it. Hopefully this year I will get there.

Keep up the great work!