Getting Chubby!

Options
Hi! I'm 48 years old and the mother of five (2 bio and 3 step) and I have 3 grand children. I am 5' 7" and weigh about 154 lbs. right now. That's a 154 lbs of pure jello! I've never had to think about my weight or what I ate...I naturally stayed around 125 lbs. and looked fine. Since getting married 2 years ago and going from a job where I was climbing ladders all day to a 10 hour a day desk job with a one hour each way commute...things have definitely taken a turn for the worse.

I've been on Jenny Craig for 4 months and have only lost about 5 lbs. which comes back quickly as soon as I spend a day giving in to Coke and chocolate cravings! I haven't been exercising and just eating the food is definitely not enough! So, I joined the gym and had my first official workout last night. I've also taken a deep stretch yoga class

I committed to 18 months for a personal trainer for two days a week hoping that the money and having a set appointment will keep me from losing my motivation. Unfortunately just looking in the mirror at my "flappy" (as my grand daughter calls it) body isn't motivation enough.

My goal isn't necessarily to lose weight or a certain amount of weight, but to tone up my body over all and feel less sluggish. If I can look healthy and feel good at 135 that would be a bonus!

Replies