Body Pump

Options
any idea of a quick way to log body pump class in the exercise area?

Thanks

Replies

• DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    i put it under circuit or log it in cardio and it does it for you
  • whoosh1
    whoosh1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wear a HRM if possible and log it under your own exercise with the number of calories burned from the monitor.

I log it as 300 calories which is under estimating based on the values I have gotten when wearing my HRM. I work hard and use heavy enough weights that I am struggling at the end of every track. I am 5'5", 154 lbs.
  • madaboutblu
    madaboutblu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks worked hard in pump this week, and upped my weights! But love the tight feeling when you know change is on its way lol.
    Also when I do dvd's it would be good to know an approx amount of calories for them too, think the closer website used to have the facility using your weight etc it gave an approx guide of calories used........

Will just call it aerobics for now ;o)

Tks
  • nicokestew
    Options
    If you have like $200 I hear the bodybug rocks!! It measures your sweat and internal body temp and a bunch of other things to help figure out how much you've burned in a set period of time.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I bought my HRM this week.
    For 60 min BodyPump I burned 472 calories on my first session (forgot to start on first track) and 530 calories on my second session.

Extra info: (5ft 1" - 185lb - I lift 15kg squats, 5kg arms and 8kg chest)
  • Cal28
    Options
    I would recommend a HRM by the way, if you can afford it. You can get them for less than $60 (Polar FT4 off Amazon).
  • Suzydafloozy
    Options
    Oh cool, thanks, I just posted this question myself lol! So working on a average of about 500 calories should be about right then?
  • Cal28
    Options
    I've just posted on there too :smile:
    I'd under log it at about 450ish just in case
    OR log it as 800 reps (off website) x
  • Suzydafloozy
    Options
    Cool, will do! Thank you! ;)