Time to face the truth...

Options
...I fell off the wagon.... December 1st, completely stopped exercising and counting..I've gained 10lbs lol..not funny but im gonna laugh instead of be upset..December 1st i was jogging 3-4 miles a day & doing 180 crunches & sit ups a day..today i WALKED for 30 mins & did 40 crunches and sit ups..20 each ..i kinda feel like a failure..I know I could have pushed myself harder today but i dont want to go hard so soon..& say screw it.

I don't know why I did this to myself, but I did. This is me trying to get back on track... anyone in the same boat feel free to add me and maybe we can get back on track together. Or anyone really. Theres still hope..theres always hope, even when something like this happens....right?

Thanks for reading yall :)

Replies

• jsteffen80
    Options
    I was off the wagon for two and a half years. I gained about 100 pounds after having lost about 125. It's never too late to get back with it, but the longer you wait, the harder it gets. Go get it!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    well done for comming back, yesterday is gone , today is a new day !! good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I pretty much gave up most of the month of December. I was working 16 hour days and getting ready for the holidays. I didn't have time to prepare my food ahead of time, and ended up just grazing on the massive amounts of holiday foods in the office all month. I did gain. I knew I would, but there really was nothing left of me to get exercise in to help out with the food. Now, my work schedule is back to normal and I am gettting back on track with logging and exercise. That is part of the 'lifestyle change'. Sometimes, some stuff doesn't work, you always have to balance your life, responsibilites, health and time for you. Events will happen and you will make choices and prioritize always. Sometimes, unfortunately, for periods of time, you have to choose some other things over yourself!
  • christina423
    christina423 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I gave up since this last summer where I was working out hard and eating somewhat sensibly. Since stopping my workouts I put on 20 LBS... Very disheartening. I am with you - I decided I am not going to be upset - I just want to get that 20+LBS off..... we all fall off the wagon... its good you are coming back and working toward loosing again!

I told myself I have to be HONEST about my food choices - no more lying to myself and telling myself that certain foods/alcoholic beverages are OK.

Hang in there :)
  • Grace619
    Grace619 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It happens. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just start fresh again. Trust me -- I've just done the same thing. Why is it that it goes on so much easier than coming off?

You will be fine. :)